Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

No experience of Solidworks, but if it is GPU dependent, then maybe you should take a look at the Surface Book rather than the Pro, just a thought.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

3. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Packing mine up to return. It's not that I didn't love it, I just didn't feel it was worth the money, especially how MS forces you to upgrade to get more hard drive space and RAM. I've got the Miix 700 on order, cheaper, more RAM/storage and you can upgrade the SSD, add LTE, etc since you can open it. I'm also probably going to grab a SP3 again, $499 special for the i3/256 isn't bad at all just to have it kicking around, although I may be done with MS until the SP5.

4. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

Why on earth haven't i heard of the miix 700 before? What's the catch? because at first inspection it looks better than a sp4. Is the colour accuracy good? Available in Australia?

5. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Probably il do the same at the end and not keep my brand new m3 version and return it to Amazon and stay with my i5 SP3 that 100% meet my need and only keep the type cover 4 and the new surface pen.

I really like the fanless design and the lightness of the m3 but I really missed Windows home button and the battery live I find it disappointed not having more than 5-5.5 hours the same level I get with my current i5 SP3.

I was expected at minumum 1 hour better battery life with Core M CPU.
    The 1050€ I paid it's not worth at all over my SP3 witch cost me 999€ last year I bought it.
    Until 900€ maximum I would justify the cost,not more.

Within next 3 weeks I will make my final decision.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

6. Gus Smedstad

Gus Smedstad Pen Pal - Newbie

Significantly slower processor, though, unless you're comparing it the the core-M SP4. Fine if you need a tablet, not so fine if you need something that's more laptop-level in processing power. I doubt it handles Photoshop well, but should be fine for web browsing.

7. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Where are you seeing that price? Cheapest is $599 on the MS store for the 128GB version.

8. kontrol1

kontrol1 Scribbler - Standard Member

It is pretty crazy that they removed the "home" button. It was one of the most visible part of the Windows branding on 2 in 1 and Tablet devices at the very least. Ipad has the visible home button. Samsung has the visible home button. Everybody knows to press the "HOME" button and you can get back to the start/home screen but they removed it. MSFT should have kept it (on the phones as well) and provided the option to disable it for those who did not need/want it.

HeavyHanded and alextrela182 like this.
  9. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Did the same thing with the SP2 at SP3 launch didn't you ha?

You'll be back! :D:p

10. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah that's true. Ive found that I really dont need the power, but that the power is overrated as well. I survived for years on Atom and honestly I rarely felt underpowered. Heck PhotoShop ran fine on my TPT2, although with small to medium files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.