Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

My iPhone 5 doesn't cause any problems. Maybe the fast charging feature of the Note 5 draws more power?

By the way, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Note 5, have you posted anything about it anywhere?

2. Booyahzman

Booyahzman Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my Surface Pro 4, and so far (what little time I've had to use it), I really like it! However, I had a question about the setup. In the initial setup configuration, the tablet asked me a question, if this tablet was for "work" or if I owned it. I selected that I owned it personally, but I wondered what if I had selected "work" instead? What does this option do different in the setup?

3. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well my Best Buy i7 finally says preparing so good sign I can return my i5 for that i7 tomorrow. Yea !!!!!! Now if my wife knew the price difference she would kill me

MetalSiren

4. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My i7 has been a MASSIVE POS these past few days, I'm not sure why. On CSS it's been a massive drain, I have it set to hibernate after 2 hours but sleep when I close the lid. Its not hot or anything when closed, but I'm finding that if I leave it all day closed at the end of a 8 hour day it's completely out of battery. My fan at times is spinning up to max for no discernible reason and staying that way for hours. Best though is my WIFI has been very very bad, refusing to connect for hours at a time, then suddenly connecting with no issue.

I still also have the issue with forums, when replying sometimes it slows down to molasses. This happens at times on my SP3 as well.

I'm really hoping the firmware update that installed this morning helps. I see it includes a display driver. ...Crosses fingers.

5. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Pretty nice so far. I switched from an iPhone 6s plus which I still have while deciding between the 2. I really missed the stylus as I';m a long time Note user and never could figure out why MS didn't allow you to write in OneNote in iOS with your finger.

6. metalsiren

ok got my BestBuy notice, its ready for tomorrow pickup yea!!!!!

HeavyHanded likes this.
  7. Mi7chy

Mi7chy Pen Pal - Newbie

When I had it set for "I own it" I didn't see an option to create additional local user accounts but after resetting and choosing "my organization" it did.

8. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

When arrived to you,can you tell us if comes with November update out of the box(1511-10586) or RTM July Windows 10 version pre installed.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...if comes with November update out of the box(1511-10586)...>>

...Mine is two weeks old, and it did not. I had to wait for the November Update to appear on Windows Update...

10. metalsiren

sure I will do a winver command before I do the updates (if I can ) and will let you know.