Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Bad apples would take a big bite out of Apple...lol.
    Microsoft needs to micro manage their quality control department.
    I need to go chew on my apple before it goes bad....lol.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, we did go out of our way to install beta drivers directly from Intel. The average user wouldn't and shouldn't be doing that.

3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I expect we'll see an updated Surface Driver soon based on the Beta. One thing I noticed in the new Intel Driver is they are playing with the Backlighting to conserve battery and that appears to be the culprit as it seems that everything is working but the backlight.

spinedoc77 likes this.
  4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I am having the same issue out of sleep with my S3, usually pressing ctrl+atl+del usually fixes the issue for me. I take there will be a similar update for us S3 owners too?

5. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not having that kind of issue with my SP3 and S3 both running 8.1.
    I supposed its Windows 10 issue and MS need to fix it or just last firmware update under Windows 10 environment caused that issue.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

6. lehtipihvi

lehtipihvi Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered SP4 m3.

Should I buy tempered glass screen protection to this device? Does it work normal, if I buy it? I am not worried about SP4 body, but I would like that screen would stay in proper condition.. Do people normally use glass screen protection on devices like this one?

7. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

Reading about all these driver issues is worrying. I had finally begun seriously leaning toward the SP4 over the iPad Pro, but won't be comfortable jumping in until I'm convinced the machine will be stable and predictable (I'm looking at either i5 or m3). An chance this will all be resolved by Christmas?

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Yes, but BECAUSE our folks are already looking for solutions to crappy release drivers. It's not as if they are experimenting and customizing.

Despite all my ranting, I am still using my SP3 with the new Type Cover and it is probably the best computer I have ever owned, but I am TIRED of defending Microsoft wherever I go. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH A BOTCHED RELEASE. I don't care if it is Intel's fault for crappy video drivers; Marvel for crappy hardware/software wireless; Samsung for a "lesser" SSD; or Windows 10 - IT IS ALL MICROSOFT'S FAULT!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    eltos_lightfoot likes this.
  9. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nope, my issues are with the official TH2 drivers, and/or whatever other drivers MS previously gave me via official updates.

10. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yes I've noticed that as well. I also suspect hello windows is hanging things up as one of the factors. One time I let it sit there with a black screen and red ir light and about 10 minutes later the screen popped up and it worked normally, weird.

I wish Intel would bundle the HD Graphics Control Panel with their drivers on the SP, it has a lot of neat utilities but is impossible to download by itself. I still have those hacked drivers on my SP3 in order to get 2 4k monitors at 50hz.