Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

hmmm, what do you mean not consistent? i found it to work perfectly, but i do use the "art pen".

2. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Same one I use on my Intuos. It just doesn't remain a consistent with throughout the stroke. It could just be because of the shape of the pen. The reticule also doesn't always stay consistently under the tip depending how close I am to the edge. This looks pretty good.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. DaniJoy

DaniJoy www.danijoy.com

hmm, ill play around with it later. just curious what im missing, in painter it seemed to work great with the pencils. i dont use tilt often, when im sketching i just use line (use sketchbook pro the most- it does not use tilt or rotation that im aware of). but i do use rotation while painting in other apps. i find it to be an excellent feature. ill have an ipad pencil to use in a week or two for comparison's sake.

Zeelobby likes this.
  4. cspaint

cspaint Pen Pal - Newbie

The tilt feature in my art pen never really worked the way I wanted it to so I stopped using it.

5. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

Installed the fall update. There was a VERY annoying startup screen that kept fading between blue and black, showing words like "we've updated your computer" and "let's get started!" There was nothing you could do to move to the next "slide". It took several minutes. Not sure what that was all about. If it was running some configuration in the background, I would have preferred a message saying that and a status/working animation.

After the update, nothing seems to have changed much. I didn't really have problems before the update, except the display driver crashing, and that hasn't changed.

I'm not saying don't update, but don't expect a lot of changes to the way it runs (particularly the display driver), and do expect a weird and annoying startup right after updating.

6. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Both of my machines had the same similar first reboot while it finished setting everything up. I was a bit confused too ha, but all working well.

A whole lot of IPP talk in this SP4 thread! I feel like the old man, "get off my damn lawn!"

Still curious to see i7 results, that will determine which SP4 I jump for, although I swear, knock on wood, my SP3 must know what's coming as its performing better than ever...

7. Allarih

Allarih Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know - it looks it just have 2 states - "tilt" and "no tilt", without any gradations.

8. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't usually post a lot of video of my own. I can never do much more than grab some shaky cam as I scribble. But in this post, I embedded several slow motion (240 fps) examples of scribbling tests on the m3 Surface Pro 4 and I just appended two realtime videos as well. My intent was to illustrate that the low-end SP4 keeps up very well even while drawing very rapidly on large high resolution canvases.

http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2015/11/11/slow-mo-video-capturing-real-world-lag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zeelobby likes this.
  9. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

In the vid you can definitely see the difference in tilt in the shading width throughout his attempts. Other vids show the same.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

10. Pianomanos

Pianomanos Scribbler - Standard Member

Sorry it took me a while... here ya go. There's nothing clearly labelled as a digitizer for pen or touch, but one or more of the generically named ones could be it.

Attached Files:

Marty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.