Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

I kind of don't want to go back and check that, it's bad for my blood pressure. :D The one that got to me was where she ridiculed that connecting wires to the ports on the SP made it look messy, at which point I think she compared it to having dreadlocks or something similarly dreadful (I see what I did there). I think there was even reggae playing, but maybe I've made it worse in my mind. Then I vaguely recall she made a face when Panos handed her a free Surface (pro?). And for the Surface Book she made a point to start with major snark, implying that MS had finally invented the laptop. Ugh, why do I even watch her?! :)

2. epicfoxes

epicfoxes Pen Pal - Newbie

Based on the Mashable stylus comparsion, it seems the Apple stylii is better than the SP4.

Zeelobby likes this.
  3. clovismod

clovismod Pen Pal - Newbie

The most ridiculous iPadPro review has been made by Mashable ( pure ********) but in the end delivered in a few word the whole truth: it's too big to be hold as a tablet for a long time.

So the iPadPro isn't a tablet, and it isn't a laptop. It will eventually fail in a few weeks of REAL USE excepted for artists, because the Apple pen is certainly better for drawing. MS should asap work on latency and tilt.

The rage Tim Cook is currently displaying against the Surface line betrays the fear to lose part of the MacBook owners and maybe too some internal conflicts into Apple about the need to embrass the hybrid way.

Edit:

USA review shares my thoughts ;-)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/baig/2015/11/11/apple-ipad-pro-review-baig/75529606/

While I like iPad Pro, and think it's a terrific solution especially for those who draw or sketch, I'm not one of those people. So I'm not ready to enlist iPad Pro as my full-time laptop replacement.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  4. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Think Bestbuy still has them on Nov 23rd the release dy of the i7, I have a i7 256GB one that I just ordered for pick up in a few weeks in store.

spinedoc77 likes this.
  5. JoeS

I don't know, it might still nice to have on the breakfast table. I enjoy my iPad Air for skimming the news, and if the iPad Pro wasn't so insanely expensive I wouldn't mind the size upgrade myself. Stern-allergy notwithstanding. :) Maybe this discussion should move to the iPad thread though.

alextrela182 likes this.
  6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

my ipad pro just works, for real.
    Or at least it may, one day.
    When I can get a freakin' pen!
    Great.
    (I'm scorned today)

DaniJoy likes this.
  7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...OK - right on cue, the bullsh#! begins...>>

...This can't be good for your heart...?!??

8. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

ohh and here is what Tim Cook said about the SB... "It's trying to be a tablet and a notebook and it really succeeds at being neither. It's sort of deluded."

from engadget , which give the SB a good review actually.

personally I would love to mess around with an iPad pro when they get the m at the sober but I doubt I would even get one. since the SP4 meets my needs and I can bend it to do what I want and not the other way around.

JoeS likes this.
  9. JoeS

This is what I appreciate most in the Surface line. Then again, I'm kind of an ancient Windows nut, the average consumer might not be getting as much from being able to tweak and optimize things. Things like being able to tilt the screen, being able plug in USB sticks, external hard drives, and microSD cards, plus easily dragging and dropping files should be hard to overlook even for the average consumer though. And a pen that doesn't roll off the table is also a major plus. :)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  10. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

So you are both on the same drivers and yet one of you is still having to deal with Edge's edginess. I wonder if the latest Intel produced drivers would make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.