Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I had a similar feeling. With the Surface's docability, the full keyboard, 22" display and mouse is far superior to using a laptop at the office. Outside the office, the Surface 3 is an ideal device for me. I don't want anything bigger and don't need anything more powerful. It is a far better solution than a notebook.

wataru likes this.
  2. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

OK, that makes sense. There has to be a driving force to circulate the liquid/vapor in the channels. The CPU heat provides the driving force to get the vapor to the coolers, but the condensed liquid needs something to drive it back to the CPU. The wicking action would provide that driving force.

Jim

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

You guys are right, and that was has led me to holding off on the Surface Pro 4 for the time being. My SPro 3 runs two WQHD 27" screens and never skips a beat. It's a little bigger and heavier than Bronsky's Surface 3, but it is incredibly portable, and barely 2 pounds with keyboard. That's why I think the new keyboard and dock are going to make it even better. If the SPro 4 turns out to be faster and more battery life, I may still pony up for the high end model, but right now I just don't see the value proposition for an upgrader - if I were a first-timer, it would be high on my list.

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

But haven't you been screaming for 16 GB and 1 TB of storage? You are aware that you always have the option of returning it in case you aren't completely satisfied. Just sayin

Yes, I'm happy to see you and that is a Sony Xperia in my pocket

5. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I don't even own a type cover for my i3 SP3.

With my limited typing that occurs during the school day, the virtual keyboard suffices.

At this point, my future decision whether to possibly upgrade to a SP4 will rest on Lenovo's pricing of the Miix 700.

They will have an 8GB Core M option, which Microsoft does not, and they also have Wacom. Since the keyboard is included in the price, the price of an 8GB Miix might be the same as an m3 SP4. If that's the case, that's what I'll be upgrading too.

If not, I'll eventually grab a type cover 4. I preordered a new Surface Pen, so that will be enough for the time being.

6. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you seen all the reports, here and elsewhere, that the new pen on the SP3 isn't nearly as impressive as it is on the SP4? I think it's missing some of the new functionality and most of the reduced lag, etc., that's felt on the 4 seems missing on the 3. Just saying, as someone who also thought about jumping for a new pen - are you sure it's worth it?

7. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yea, I read the posts. But to tell you the truth, I really missed the eraser function of my Wacom pens; it just felt so much more natural to flip the pen over for erasing.

The extra nibs come as well, so I'm also excited for a bit more drag. I missed the Felt+Matte screen combination, it's pretty slippery on the SP3.

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

You talking to me? You talking to ME? Yes, I've been craving 16/1tb, but at $2700 it needs to separate itself more from the SP3.

9. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

It also has a better screen. And in the U.S. I believe you have a no questions asked 30 day return policy. So what I'm, ever so gently, alluding to is that you could always try it out for a few weeks in the comfort of your Austin ranch house, and if you don't like it you can always, what's the word I'm looking for...

Yes, I'm happy to see you and that is a Sony Xperia in my pocket

dstrauss likes this.
  10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.