Surface Pro 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Me too but less judge the proposal when we have more info beginning of 2016 probably been announced at CES 2016 Las Vegas.

As more option we have is better for us IMO.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

2. alextrela182

Me too but as I said above!

Sent from my iPad Air 2

spinedoc77 likes this.
  3. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'll be testing the HP Spectre x2 keyboard this week. But all accounts so far point to it being better than the SP3 type keyboard. I'll put a review up in the HP section when I get a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. alextrela182

Sent from my iPad Air 2

spinedoc77 likes this.
  5. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The SP family is so weird with the fan. I've enjoyed several days of no fan. Today my SP4 is just sitting on my desk, I haven't used it since this morning. It's very hot to the touch. I turn it on, the fan instantly starts churning full speed. The only things I had open was an Edge browser with 2 tabs. Weird. The fans blasted full speed for about 30 seconds, and now they are at low speed. Looking at task manager and nothing is weird, 6% cpu, 38% memory, 0% disk/network.

6. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

My money is on another Marvell driver problem. It is just a hunch, but I think the day that MS finally abandons Marvell for their wireless solution I might break into a Surface RT style dance.

Telstar1948 likes this.
  7. Inkermoy

Inkermoy Scribbler - Standard Member

I've pretty much upgraded from my SP2, I love the larger screen. The pen still needs work to be more precise than it is now, you still have to pay attention to where the cursor is instead of the very tip of the pen. You do get used to it, but I also miss the programmable buttons that my SP2 has with Wacom. Battery life doesn't seem to be nearly as high as on my SP2, so I'm losing maybe an hour or 90 min depending... (Power Cover doesn't work! :( ) But yes, loving the larger and higher DPI screen.

Hmm let's see if this forum will allow me to put in an FB link for more info... :p

https://www.facebook.com/philip.moy/media_set?set=a.10204980941312611.1073741849.1513975174&type=3

8. Chard85

Chard85 Scribbler - Standard Member

Worse battery life than SP2 is surprising
    I've read somewhere there is an unofficial way to program the button on the pen. Not exactly sure though.
    Are you saying the screen makes up for any pen shortcomings? I wonder if there are any software tweaks or updates that will improve it?

9. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

For those who replied to my query about having two SP4 both with Samsung SSD and one having noticeably lesser performance, I swapped out the lesser performing one at a Microsoft store. The new unit has that Toshiba SSD.

(I had previously thought only Samsung SSDs were out in the wild).

Will benchmark shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alextrela182 likes this.
  10. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

I was earnestly hoping they would opt for an Intel triple channel wireless AC adapter, something that could completely take advantage of Google Fiber and obliterate the competition in networking performance. Regrettably, that dream was smashed into bits when the official specifications were released to the public.

dstrauss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.