Surface Pro 3 - The problems thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by MSGaldenzi, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taikero

Taikero Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anyone else experiencing play in their Surface Pro 3 hinge? I went to Best Buy and their display model was the same as mine, but I wanted to see what others' experiences are like. It's loose and moves easily within the range shown.

Here's a video I took.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

My hinge is ok, but when you prop it in the 150 degree position/easel mode you shouldnt sit on it.

3. lancorp

lancorp Scribbler - Standard Member

How can something so blatantly broken get past QA testing and be included with a released product? Don't real people test these tablets before they are finalized and released? The WIFI issue is pretty bad, everyone seemingly is affected, so how could this be released?

On battery, my down speed is fine (tested @40Mbps with adapter speed at 117Mbps) but my up is only 0.16Mbps, while the WIFI status sticks at 6.0Mbps during the up speed test. No one saw this during pre-release testing?

4. symph

symph Pen Pal - Newbie

Since none of the reviewers mentioned this, I would imagine it's a result some unforseen circumstances.

5. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

I have been dumbfounded by this problem since the Surface Pro 1.... their hardware is for the most part solid, but they (the very company that makes Windows ha) have the buggiest drivers of any device I use. I have used the SP2 since October and they finally fixed the crippling mSD/high CPU bug a few weeks ago!

I guess I was hoping they figured things out by version 3 but they have not.

My SP3 has the same Wifi issues... once it's actually connected, download speeds are fine but upload is atrocious on battery, causing a very laggy experience.

Let's hope you talked to someone with a clue!

JoeS likes this.
  6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Each time you bring that up is basically a free 'like' from me. :) I'm still p!ssed off about how long that took them, and even more about the total lack of communication on the issue. I agree with the broader point too, it's crazy that drivers are so much of a struggle for MS itself.

7. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone else having static noise with your headphones when connected to the headphone jack if a video is paused or just browsing? I used two different headphones and the same issue occurs, but when I select playback devices, it goes away, but then returns when I close that menu. I'm confused as to what is causing it. Anyone experience this or have any tips on how to get rid of it? I tried to mute the mic, but that didn't solve the issue. Thanks.

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Have you ever tried a Fujitsu?? They win buggiest drivers award hands down.

If your experiencing issues, just uninstall the custom Fujitsu apps and drivers!

9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Osiris, demandarin and mack4000 like this.
  10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

As always a hearty thanks for a great tip. Just followed directions; got a solid connections; put it to sleep and on waking up was still connected.

jnjroach and demandarin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.