Surface Pro 3 - The problems thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by MSGaldenzi, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

My setup does not show anything fuzzy when DPI is locked to 125%; but if I unlock it, some programs go wrong and look fuzzy. I was searching for a script to do this and thanks a lot! I managed to find a software call HRC to switch resolutions on the SP3, but it cannot switch scaling. I hope this script will work well with HRC to provide a good workaround before MSFT finally handles its DPI settings well.

2. scrambler

scrambler Scribbler - Standard Member

Interesting to know that your external monitor looks sharp at 125%.

You should not need a script to change resolution, windows remembers the resolution configuration and should change automatically when you connect the monitor.

The first time I connected my external monitor, I set the tablet resolution to 1680x1050 and set the respective position of the two monitors for the extended desktop. After that, if I disconnect the external monitor, the tablet automatically reverts to its full resolution.
    When later I reconnect the external monitor, it automatically sets the tablet back down to 1680x1050.

This is why my script only deals with the scaling, because resolution is taken care of by windows which recognizes the external monitor and remembers the proper configuration to apply.

3. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

well the update didn't fix the Metro IE hot website problem. if I go to crunchyroll (anime site) and I dont even play a video the SP3 gets really hot and fan goes max..
    if I do on desktop mode its fine... this is really wired.

4. thetruth1983

thetruth1983 Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you using a i5 model?

5. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Did a windows update yesterday and I found out that my bluetooth mouse no longer works flawlessly and smoothly as before. Now there are noticeable lags when dragging. Pairing it to another laptop then the delay is gone. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? BTW, Razer Orochi 2013 mouse.

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I had lag this morning, but after about 30 minutes it cleared up...

7. Dukie

Dukie Pen Pal - Newbie

Same issue! And what a hell of a day its have been. In fact I registred here primaly to warn others to not install the update. I installed the "september update" and suddently my bluetooth keyboard as well as my bluetooth earplugs start lagging and reconnect from time to time. (random intervalls from 5-30 min) I really tried all the options (resett system twice, manually install bluetooth drivers, remove one-to-one-step, remove bluetooth earplug, reconnect and every other options) And after 10 hours I found that the problem has to be this, just did the 3 reinstall and now I have to get back to school work. : /

I see now that other has the same problem as well so it seems that the update will introduce these problems. And Im sure microsoft will know, or is it a system to report direcly to them?

Otherwise, my solution was to resett back (you will not lose files, however you will need to reinstall aps etc)

8. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For you guys with the new Bluetooth lag, can you define just how much lag there is? I know that it's pretty hard to verbalize it, but I haven't had any noticeable lag with my BT mouse (also 2013 Orochi).

It doesn't drop connection like Dukie says his does, and it doesn't lag any more than normal. I find that BT is always laggier than a wired connection (obviously), but this update doesn't seem to have done anything to increase that lag or introduce any kind of choppiness to the movement.

FWIW, before installing any of the Surface System updates, I always create a manual System Restore point so that if something failed I can roll back. Something worth considering next time, then you don't need to reset everything, etc. :)

I don't think the update included any fixes to Metro IE... so the problem should still persist (sadly).

9. Dukie

Dukie Pen Pal - Newbie

Its kind of hard since it does not follow any surtain patterns, at the beginning it was heavy and I lost connection before it would reconnect after some seconds. Sometimes it will randomly lagg and I would lost connection and fast reconnect; that is both my bluetooth earplugs, and my bluetooth keyboard. Tried altso those seperate. One hour in my third reset this day (lol) it work as intended. So its safe to save that the update is the problem, at least for some devices. I actually totally forgot that you could do a manual system restore point - can I mind ask you where do you do this again? :)

One thing is for surtain; I have used both devices each day without any problem at all, after the update and as well after two resets + update the problem was still there. The third without the september update and its work as fine. Hopefully if people have the same issiues they will see this.

10. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Just do a Win+S Windows search for "restore point" and the "Create a restore point" should show up. In there click on "Create..." and go through the wizard.

As a matter of fact, it looks like Windows auto-created a Restore Point for me last night, called "Windows Update" and it was put in at the exact time I started installing the Update. You should have checked before resetting your OS :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.