Surface Pro 3 - The problems thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by MSGaldenzi, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

That's really odd...I guess some machines throw errors like this :(. I guess I got lucky. I have the 256gb/8gb/i5 version if that makes any difference.

2. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have the same version.... something prob got messed up and it could not roll back to the previous version... so now I am stuck having to wait for a fix. It might work if I reset the system fully but I am not going to do that right now.

3. Mi7chy

Mi7chy Pen Pal - Newbie

Wanted to share a couple of annoyances I came across in desktop mode that have a fix or workaround.

#1 Charms Bar keeps popping up when using Type Cover keyboard and not even touching the screen.

Fix: Do a search for 'mouse and touch settings' and under Touchpad section turn Off 'Enable swiping in from left or right edge'. This has the positive side effect of making the Type Cover keyboard more predictable and less erratic.

#2 Restore function keys such as F5 to do a browser refresh instead of search.

Fix: Hold Fn + Caps for about five seconds to enable function keys. Repeat to toggle between the two modes.

#3 Linksys WRT54G/GS WIFI router running OpenWRT firmware stops working and disappears from scan on SP3.

Workaround: Go to SP3 wireless adapter properties and disable 'Internet Protocol Version 6'.

Currently researching a sensitivity setting for touchpad so navigating within IE doesn't inadvertently separate browser tab into its own window.

4. eltos_lightfoot

eltos_lightfoot Pen Pal - Newbie

Man, that's crazy about the wifi. I have the i5/8GB/256GB model also. I simply uninstalled the wifi driver and rebooted. Except for that, mine has been rock solid since I got it--knock on wood. I guess I just got lucky...

I guess I also did install the updated nTrig driver.

5. Aesop

Aesop Pen Pal - Newbie

6. tallshorty

tallshorty Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm also experiencing a wifi problem. After the tablet goes to sleep and wakes up, I always get a "limited connection" and can't access the internet. The fix is to disconnect and reconnect again but that's annoying.

Anyone know a solution?

7. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sometimes if you delete the network connection and start again it resolves this. I've had it happen on various machines before.

8. opasha

So, it's definitely random! I just got my father's i5/4Gb/128Gb model today and set everything up and as I went to uninstall the Marvel driver and restart, it didn't show up - got the Computer with Red X picture! I was so angry. I had to system restore and redo everything for setting up his tablet again because I could not for the life of me find the drivers online. Microsoft is absolutely retarded regarding this.

9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I uninstalled the Adapter, deleted the drivers and rebooted, now I'm getting AC Speeds....

10. opasha

Yep, this is the exact procedure I did for my 256/8/i5 SP3, but I ran into the issues others were reporting for my father's 128/4/i5 SP3 where the network adapters completely disappeared from the Device Manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.