Surface Pro 3 - The problems thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by MSGaldenzi, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lent53

Lent53 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know how to fix the "limited connectivity" on wifi issue?

2. maximum360

maximum360 Pen Pal - Newbie

I honestly just gave up on the integrated WiFi. Nothing I tried worked. Luckily I had a spare USB wireless N adapter and so after disabling and uninstalling the integrated radio I started using that one. That's solves the headache of issues with WiFi until Microsoft comes up with a fix.

3. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you guys certain you don't have an IP conflict? Upon restart the first time, my wifi was also limited connectivity but I disconnected and reconnected and after a minute it was perfectly fine once I tried to start browsing. Since then, it has be perfect - 866.5Mbps on and off battery power.

4. opasha

Make sure it's enabled. Or disable/re-enable it. Disable Swipe in Windows 8.1 - Touchscreen - Windows 8

5. tallshorty

tallshorty Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    opasha likes this.
  6. Diversion

Diversion Pen Pal - Newbie

Mines going back.. I have pretty much every problem in the book.. I'll wait for the Broadwell refresh of the SP3 and hopefully they have better drivers out by then for the rest of the problems.

7. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

they need the fix the wifi problem fast, the min its not on power it drops to 6mb and its slow as balls

8. opasha

Ok, 2 questions - I assume you did, but have you uninstalled the Marvel wireless driver and restarted your computer? Are your Microsoft updates set to AUTOMATIC for installing/updating? If so, that could be why it's not working if you've uninstalled it.

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Not a problem but a few 'improvements' I would like to see for the next iteration:

1. Move the Windows button down to the middle of the bezel when in landscape mode. I can hear it now...'but you can't, it would get blocked by the keyboard fold-up thingy where it magnetically attaches to the Surface and it would not be usable!' Yes, you can. So what if it is blocked, the keyboard has a Windows button on it too.
    2. Put another small foldout kickstand to hold it up off the table on one end while in portrait mode. The 150 degree kickstand is great for landscape mode but one for portrait would also be nice.
    3. Move the power connector, USB port, and the DV connection to the other end. When in portrait mode the items are on the bottom and preven good stomach parking while working in portrait mode. Putting them on the other end would put them on the top edge in portrait mode. I know, you can just flip it 180 degrees and they are there already. But while redesigning the shell things should just be moved in the right spot all the way around!

10. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I removed it and when I did after a reset, it wasn't there anymore.. and it would not find any driver to use. I had to download the sp3 driver pack, and get the driver to the system that way. which put me right back using the same version with the same problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.