Surface Pro 3 - The problems thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by MSGaldenzi, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

So with any major launch, there will be flaws. Even fruit companies have problems on day 1, so its bound to happen. This is the thread to post your issues. I for one have the following:

1. A speck of dust under my screen
    2. A wavy back panel
    3. A wobbly kickstand

[​IMG]

As you can see in this pic, that is not a dead pixel... its dust under the glass layer. I tried rubbing it and cleaning it too, no dice, I really hope they have more units at my store... going back tonight.

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Good idea for a thread. We already had a busted power supply as well.

3. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey MSGaldenzi how are you going to deal with that....I believe even the earliest replacement won't be available until around 30th...

4. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Doesn't sound like they sold out at all the physical stores.

5. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

There were plenty of SP3s at the store, I think not having a different CPU in the 2 and 3 really made people not upgrade. People want numbers upgrades!

6. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

Just got back from the store. They kept 2 on hand they were not selling in case something like that happened. They happily gave me one without thinking twice. They had me inspect it in the store and set it up so that it was flawless, needless to say, I got a great one now. No hinge flex, no wavy back, no pixel problems. Now I do have to fully charge it before I can do the firmware though. First world problems, lol.

Mesosphere, JoeS, ATIVQ and 1 other person like this.
  7. Lent53

Lent53 Pen Pal - Newbie

seems like one side of my kickstand has more give than the other. You can actually hear both sides click back and forth slightly if you pull and push each side up and down but one side does give more. Anyone else?

8. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

I had a large particle right under the center of the display of my T904. It wasn't there when the unit was brand new, it mysteriously appeared after a few days of usage. I was heartbroken, but I later found out that the back of the display flexes and creates a suction effect, and that's what pulled in the particle. With a few careful flexes forcing air out quickly and slowly drawing it in, I managed to blow away the particle.

Huge design flaw, but apparently it's very common to have an air-gap between the glass and the TFT.

9. alisonT

alisonT Pen Pal - Newbie

My SP3 has a major glitch with the touch sensor, detects false touches in a certain area whenever the screen gets warm (which happens very easily under any real use it seems)

Oddly this doesn't happen if the type cover is attached, but the second I detach the cover the device is useless. The screen just jitters around as if you were rapidly wiggling your finger back and forth on one of the sides of the screen.. ugh.

10. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

One thing I've noticed is Power Management on the WiFi is very aggressive, I get 600-800 Mbps while plugged in but on battery it drops to 6 Mbps and bounces between 300-600 Mbps but every once in awhile it gets stuck at 6 Mbps. I'm going to investigate Advanced Power Management Options....BTW no Power Tab on the WLAN Card.

soh5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.