Surface Pro 3 Rumors

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I can agree with the crapware part, but the stability and bad drivers on the other hand I can't agree with. Since pretty much week one, I have some sort of graphic card issue with my Yoga RT(which also uses Tegra 3 hardware). It better now than in the past, but it sucks that at least a few times a week I have to restart my computer because the graphics card drivers crashed. Relatedly stability isn't the best because of the graphics issue. I called Lenovo up and they said that's up to MS and NVidia to solve the driver issue. In many ways I like Windows 8 more than previous versions, but the bad RT hardware has made me realize RT isn't for me. I do like the Yoga form factor still and I am sure it's infinity more stable and faster in the x86 variants(though not fanless and as silent).

2. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Meh, no RT for me in the future, pointless for my needs/wishes. Now an Atom powered smaller form factor Surface 8 with full Windows and Wacom, heck yeah, love that idea!

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...the bad RT hardware has made me realize RT isn't for me...>>

...OK, so contrast that with my experience; RT on my Surface 2 has been bulletproof. You've tried it and you don't like it and that's OK. But that doesn't mean that other people and other platforms will have the same experience...

4. cookies4you

cookies4you Scribbler - Standard Member

ThinkPads are bulletproof.

Windows RT is ragnarok-proof.

5. Waru

Waru &#12300;&#12507;&#12525;&#12464;&#12521;&#12512;&#

Hello, everyone! I posted a post on my blog about what I think in regards to the Surface Pro 3 -- all under a realistic outlook. Often times, we get so excited to the point our desires outdo our actual needs. If you're interested in reading, check it out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. 2disbetter

2disbetter Function over Form

Not in the hands of Lenovo they aren't...

2d

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

If there is anything I'd like to see in the next generation it is less bezel and more screen estate, especially if resolution is enhanced. The other things are some desktop app enhancements. Say you draw a circle or triangle with your finger in the middle of the screen, up will pop a small app with esc left and right arrow keys, delete and a few others that are user specified. This app would be easy to move around and would be a tremendous help in controlling your desktop applications.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

8. Waru

Waru &#12300;&#12507;&#12525;&#12464;&#12521;&#12512;&#

Yeah, as I mentioned in my blog post, a bigger screen -- most definitely. I think the safest enhancement as far as the screen goes is a jump to 11.6" to grab a standard QHD resolution while we're at it. Anything past that size may be an issue when using the device on your lap and such.

9. cookies4you

cookies4you Scribbler - Standard Member

I've stuck a W530 and a T61 next to each other.

The T61 is definitely more solid, but the W530 is no slouch when it comes to build quality.

10. connman

connman Scribbler - Standard Member

I am pretty sure the T61 was manufactured by Lenovo but that they maintained the IBM branding via a licensing agreement in concert with their acquisition of Thinkpad in 2005.

I had a T61. It was a great PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.