Surface Pro 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually never upgrade to 10 with my SP3(still have it waiting to be sold with 8.1 out of the box)
    All the times stayed at 8.1.
    Speaking general I think after RedStone upgrade spring-autumn 2016 on Windows 10 will be much rock solid and not current official beta situation even with November update.

There's too many changes with Windows 10 after all that's why need more time to become total smouth and bug free OS.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

ThorntonArtStudio.com likes this.
  2. ThorntonArtStudio.com

ThorntonArtStudio.com Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah after reading through this thread some more...I'm waiting. Those issues must be related to the major W10 release. Not seeing any of that.

I do have faith they will fix it though

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Why do I feel that we are lab rats for Microsoft...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  4. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why I have the feeling MS employees(from high level to entry level departments)at Windows OS department are using Mac(air,mini,Mac Pro whatever) and not any kind surface and the real testers are you and me and any other folks out there:p

Sent from my iPad Air 2

dstrauss likes this.
  5. dstrauss

Well, the rat has taken the cheese (as he tries to stop his nose from bleeding after laying down his Amex at Best Buy). I'm going with the Surface Book after all my bellyaching; ranting about premature released hardware; and pontificating that the SP3 with the new type cover would be "good enough."

Why (besides the fact I'm like a ten year old at Toys-R-Us when at Best Buy) - my son's experience with his replacement SB has been near perfect, except for battery drain, and he keeps that to a minimum with a short trigger (15 minute) hibernation setting. Now I will really have a legitimate reason for gnashing teeth (if applicable).

6. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

I think "consensus" is going too far. A few legitimately disgruntled SP3 users are airing their issues on this thread, and since that's pretty much all that's happening here these days it's easy to mistake for widespread problems. But compare this thread to the SP4 thread and you'll see far more people having issues over there. I think the reality is that some people continue to have persistent problems, but the majority of SP3 users are, like me, cruising along just fine with W10 - no issues, no complaints, no instability at all (or, improved stability over 8.1).

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

8. ThorntonArtStudio.com

ThorntonArtStudio.com Scribbler - Standard Member

To be fair, I'm having exactly zero issues, and there are people actually reporting some here. Could just be edge cases, so thanks for your input as well :)

Honestly though, I'm probably one of the least interested in OS updates. All I care about is how does ZBrush and Photoshop run. Right now...like a dream!

Azzart likes this.
  9. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Scribbler - Standard Member

Congratulations! So, who won the bet?

Jim

Bronsky likes this.
  10. dstrauss

Somebody was betting on me? :oops:

Bronsky likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.