Surface Pro 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Well, I did that at the Starbucks and nothing happened. Them when I got home, had access to my usual router (used mobile tethering at Starbucks) and connecting the Bluetooth keyboard and the Type Cover then I got the drivers back.

I've had a little problem with the docking station too, sometimes after being asleep it will not turn on USB ports or Bluetooth radio. I'm forced to restart it to get them back. I have complete understanding for @dstrauss anti-Microsoft rants in some of the other threads. Microsoft needs to get their $ħ!ț together on these driver problems. Otherwise Tim Cook will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

2. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

Glad your type cover issue got sorted. I'll have another look at mine probably this evening. I had reset the SP3, installed things etc in preparation for my wife using it. I had a BT keyboard paired with it similar to your setup in a home office before. Of course, after resetting it I didn't bother pairing the BT keyboard to it since that would now be used with my Surface Book. I think I'll try re-pairing it with the SP3 then mess with the type cover to see if the SP3 recognizes it again. If that fails, I plan to take it with me to Best Buy to try one of their demo type covers to see if the SP3 will recognize one of those. Here's hoping!

3. Kumabjorn

If the connectors are clean and it snaps on as usual I doubt is a hardware malfunction. The only possibility I can foresee is if the wiring inside had been compromised but there ought to be some outer manifestation of that. I think you'll be able to recover it. A worst case scenario is probably a reset.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

4. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

I was running into a few funny bugs and decided to clean install Win10 rather than the upgrade I had done on my SP3. This seems to have helped things out, I feel like even the pen improved a bit in OneNote(s) regarding latency.

My main bugs were:
    1. Mail quitting unexpectedly.
    2. Mouse cursor dropping, but coming back with restart or any MS Office program launch.
    3. Settings touch app...If I go to Systems>> About, the app freezes.

All but #3 are fixed now. Dunno if anyone else has this issue in Settings, you can still close the app, but it's a bug.

Also there were some questions on Edge rendering and site loads. I installed Edge AdBlock and it sure is nice. I am not having any heat up issues or slow loads in Edge on any sites, even horrible ad sites like Huff post or ESPN.

5. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

One other item. So I did a clean install, but Edge seems to have kept my passwords to things like TPCR. That means my passwords are stored on OneDrive somehow?

Do I manage that through the Edge Options or is there a way through the website? Say I lose my device...is there a way to delete all my passwords on OneDrive thru the web?

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

:D:D:D:D:D

Microsoft :mad::confused::eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Apple :cool::cool::cool::cool::p

Users :(:(:(:(:(

If Apple updates iPad Air 3 with Pencil, we are dead - no need at all for Windows in order to do my OneNote work...

7. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

And by "we are dead" you mean "we will have ascended to tablet heaven". :)

8. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Among all this doom and gloom, Windows Tablets are the only tablet segment that is growing, Android has plateaued and Apple is in decline...

dbrn likes this.
  9. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I tried the apple pencil on onenote on the pro model..it didn't work.
    It seemed to only work on some art apps.
    Some of the limitation of the iOS is lack of file configuration and ablity to run full programs. However, with iOS office being cloud based this may not be an issue if security is not an issue for anyone. I just don't trust cloud-based services for personal or professional documents.

10. Kumabjorn

That is kind of expected when you're the last one in the game.

JoeS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.