Surface Pro 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I get the feeling that a new pen and the tethered dock will blow a lot of new life into my SP3. Yes, the 5k screen is likely eye popping but the one I have now is no slouch. I'm so glad Microsoft made the new accessories backwards compatible with the SP3.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  2. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

More importantly though, when will the basement bargains begin? An SP3 with SP4 accessories seems the economical way to go if you are a first time buyer.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

dbrn, dstrauss and Kumabjorn like this.
  4. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Nice find Steve, thanks, but yikes. Only available in the US and, when it does arrive here in the great north, it will probably run $199.99! In my book that's way too much for a quicker login and possible typing/trackpad improvements. I'd just put that money towards my eventual SP4.

5. delimeat567

delimeat567 Pen Pal - Newbie

It is too bad they don't have some kind of turn-in system. Turn in your SP3 keyboard, get the new SP4 keyboard for 50% off or something. Lord knows the SP3 keyboard is going straight in the trash as soon as the SP4 arrives...

Wonder if continued success of the system could possibly create a bigger market for third-party keyboards though.

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

No, No, No - eBay is your friend (even though they and PayPal take a big slice of the pie).

bloodycape likes this.
  7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Or, put it in the market place here. With a realistic price, it will sell. There are sure to be people picking up refurbished SP3s as the prices drop.

dstrauss likes this.
  8. delimeat567

delimeat567 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have just heard so many horror stories about eBay... Need to find me a FAQ on how to not get scammed.

On the other hand, I have sold on NotebookReview before - but that was about 4 years ago. This account won't have enough to sell on this site for a week or two. But I suppose that's an option!

Don't get me wrong, the SP3's keyboard isn't awful, I just like the design of the SP4's keyboard a lot better. Regardless, gotta wait for those reviews!

9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I'll probably be dropping by an MS Store tomorrow to check out the SP4. I'll let you know what I think of the KB compared to my S3.

10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Looking forward to your thoughts - as I noted a while back, the S3 Type Cover has much less bounce and is much better than the SP3 one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.