Surface Pro 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone else notice the new site style makes it look like Steve's dog is saying that? Hilarious!! :p

be77solo likes this.
  2. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

This is what I'm hoping it means... keep the SP3 humming along until the SP4 can be an actual improvement when the tech (Skylake et al) is available to bring to market. Not just a rushed release for the sake of Windows 10.

I can't fathom them abandoning the Surface line right now... every time I watch TV I see commercials for it... and every time my wife laughs that it always catches my attention ha

3. epicfoxes

epicfoxes Pen Pal - Newbie

Likely a SP4 announcement in October, followed by the actual release in November to be ready for the holiday season. IMO, I don't think Win10 is ready for tablet oriented devices.

be77solo likes this.
  4. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Me to believe that it won't released in summer but probably October-November for the holiday season.

But in the other hand i really don't understand the release of i7/128ssd.

I think overall the i7 version is less than 10-15% of total sales of SP3.

For me MS shouldn't provide i7 version at all.

You are talking about mobile computing proposal and not for hard core users machine.
    And at the end the performance differences between i5-i7 is less than 10-15%
    Sent from Surface 3

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Most likely they've made a purchasing promise to Intel and sales of i7 have probably not been enough for them to fulfill that promise, so they're trying to present a less extensive alternative.

Balbutio ergo sum

6. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No matter what Intel wants the facts is that consumer don't want i7 version not only because performance between i5-i7 is much lees in practice than the theory but also of throttling,more heat,more fan noise,less battery life.
    All of that is deal breaker for most of consumer.

Better be some offer from MS for example free the type cover or second pen gift with every purchase of SP3 or 50% off the retail price of docking station.

Also I see few months now MS doesn't offer any kind of discount in Europe but in US or Canada the offer very good deal.
    It's wrong decision unless they don't care outside US for better sales of SP3.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Luft likes this.
  7. Kumabjorn

Marketing departments are unique for each market and in the U.S.there is tougher competition, hence marketing had to be more aggressive. Also, national markets in Europe are smaller so margins needs to be higher if the local affiliate are to reach the goals set by Redmond. In Japan, where competition, especially with Apple, is hard they're marketing is also more direct. With the Surface 3 you get a free pen and free WWAN for a year.

Balbutio ergo sum

8. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

If its tougher here, shouldnt msft include all those goodies in the US market like they are in JP?

9. Kumabjorn

Didn't say it was tougher in Japan. But it is tougher in Japan than it is in Europe.

Skickat från min SGP412 via Tapatalk

10. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.