Surface Pro 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 20, 2014.

1. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

wow graduation code! Lucky one!

Yeah that's the standard mouse recommended by MS..I don't have an opportunity to try it out, and it's quite pricey,..
    All of my win8.1 devices are using a photo I took when I was at a carribean beach, lol!

2. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm having this problem too with Flash items, literally brings the device to an unusable crawl... never run into this before. Any ideas? This is a deal breaker issue!

Also, I can vouch that two pens sync up perfectly based on my lost nib incident requiring a new pen.... after syncing new pen the old pen still works properly (well, assuming it had a nib ;) )

Did pick up a nice fitting sleeve at Best Buy made for the SP3. Fits great, feels nice and has a pocket. They had it in their Surface section.

Continuing to have the WiFi stuck on 6Mbps on battery... AC 5.0ghz network on N7000 router. 866Mbps when plugged in. Odd

3. qazwsx16

qazwsx16 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just need to return the extra two I ordered when they arrive now.. Haha.

But seriously, if someone hasn't bought it yet, make the drive to Roseville if you're nearby! No questions asked! (They did want to see my student ID though).

4. redviper

redviper Scribbler - Standard Member

You also need to update the OneNote windows store app.

5. ile

ile Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks! :)

[Sent from my HTC One]

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Just an update on battery life.... I've been using the SP3 since 6 AM and I have 20% left after a 8.25 Hours this is IE, Modern UI Apps (News, Mail, Tweetium, etc.)

7. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Had some more time to play... the Wireless keyboard adapter does work with the SP3, using both the new Type Cover 3, Power Cover, and Type Cover 2. Also, plugged the Power Cover into the SP3, and it works great as a keyboard, but doesn't support the additional battery. Wish they'd have kept that support, as additional life is handy and it's such a nice typing keyboard being so solid.

Do have to say, the Wireless Adapter on the Type Cover 3 keyboard I was glad to see work! :thumbsup:

8. MSGaldenzi

MSGaldenzi Scribbler - Standard Member

I went with xtremeguard for back protection. The price is kinda steep (19.99) and that came in today and I installed it. The fitment was EH... To be honest, I rather have had it too small then too big. I had to exacto the sides and inevitably scratched up the sides of the surface. I should have also mentioned... I am horrible at applying screen protectors. I ordered the HD front from them too, yet that is coming in a different package. Their back protectors are lifetime guarantee so if it gets nasty or you put it on wrong, they are usually cool about sending you another one (Had 1 on my SP1).

[​IMG]

As for bluetooth mice. I have the T630 and Microsoft Surface Wedge mouse (the original one that is metal). They are both too small and I am still looking for a good bluetooth mouse too. I am thinking about the Razer one seeing as I have a Naga and really like that for my desktop needs.

9. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Sounds promising!

Thanks for mentioning that mouse from razer, and I'm going to check it out. And actually I don't like those "full body skin"s...I prefer traditional screen protectors and similar ones to be applied on the back...LOL I'm good at applying them, and I often do the work for friends and family.

10. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

Sucks if the power keyboard doesn't work. Was really hoping for that a backup power supply for long trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk