Surface Pro 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, May 20, 2014.

1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Docking station preorder:

Buy Surface Pro 3 Docking Station - Microsoft Store

Says it'll be available August 15.

Depends on what type of files you're trying to view. If they're just plain MP4 videos, you can do that from the built-in Video player. Just swipe in from the right, select the Devices charm, and then Play, and the Xbox will be listed.

As mentioned before in this crazy long thread, the Microsoft Online Store is not actually run by Microsoft, but outsourced to Digital River. It has no bearing on the support you'll have when you actually have your device. And while I hope everyone's orders go very smoothly and you all have your devices ASAP, this doesn't surprise me at all that your experience with them is terrible.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. kjancaitis

kjancaitis Pen Pal - Newbie

Stop whining and sign up for a free UPS My Choice account and check the scheduled delivery date of the package. It is probably on a truck right now out for delivery. The paperwork may be crossed up. All of the keyboards and SP3's shipped separately.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Thanks old buddy - order is in (I missed out on the first docks because they sold out so quickly)...:thumbsup:

PS - How's that for confidence - that's almost a MONTH past return window! :D

4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Actually, service through the Microsoft Store is first rate. I have had no problems returning anything I have every purchased from there and, what little service I have needed has been done with a smile. I would rank it at least as high as some enterprise centered companies such as Fujitsu and HP Elitebook Service. Thinkpad service in the US, which is handled by IBM is the gold standard IMO, but the MS Store service is quite close.

Glad I waited.:cool:

6. jsmith

jsmith Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok pre-ordered the 256gb but order still saying "in process" no shipping confirmation or anything? Is that right? What gives?

7. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

So where are all the pics of people opening there shiny new toys?

8. rwerksman

rwerksman Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm not expecting an instantaneous fix, I'm expecting them to do what they should have done from the beginning - get it to me for my weekend. I do expect simple tasks to be completed correctly, yes. Sorry if my bar is too high. What if it were your unit? Would you be cool with that?

In any case, I want SOMEONE to acknowledge the screw-up and do something to help beyond tell me I'm SOL. Again, maybe my bar is too high, but telling me tough isn't good customer service.

This comment really fired me up. As stated prior, I KNOW that the keyboards were shipped differently. I can't sign up for a My Choice account because this is a business and we're in the largest building in Pittsburgh. The UPS man visits once per day and was already here. See: here is my keyboard, hot off the truck:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Mine left Redmond, WA this morning which I fine hilarious.....UPS distribution center is located near the Microsoft Campus.

10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...As mentioned before...the Microsoft Online Store is not actually run by Microsoft, but outsourced to Digital River....while I hope everyone's orders go very smoothly and you all have your devices ASAP, this doesn't surprise me at all that your experience with them is terrible...>>

...This bears reiteration. Unless something has changed (and I'm not aware of any changes), Microsoft's on-line sales are handled by Digital River, not by Microsoft. Like jhoff80, my experience with Digital River has not been good.

If you feel like you've been burned by DR, then you should contact Microsoft and let them know that! Things will not change unless Microsoft is made aware of the fact that DR didn't perform well for you.

And PS: For those of you who experience problems today, you have my sympathy. I've been there, too...

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015