surface pro 3 and connected standby power drain?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by motionfan, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle Pen Pal - Newbie

This is going to be a little different for me coming from Android. I currently have the Samsung Note 12.2 Pro I can go to bed at night and leave it with 64% and when I open the cover and it automatically wakes up 8 hours later it will have 62% or 63% left. This is consistent and with the 13 hour battery life I never charge it overnight. I always have WiFi, GPS, and Bluetooth on. I guess Android has a pretty good sleep mode function since it is a mobile OS and Windows really isn't a mobile OS.

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

Hey Mickey -

That is by product of the ARM Architecture not necessarily Android, my RT and Surface 2 did the same. The challenge for the x86 side of the House is legacy Win32 Code was/is programmed for a desktop computing environment and by its API Structure expects S0 (on), S3 (sleep - suspended to RAM), S4 (hibernate suspended to disk) or S5 (soft off) and S0iX is something in between S0 and S3 and legacy code like the S0 part but not the iX low power state where the system expects the code to act as if its in S3.

johnchad14 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.