Surface Pro 3 Accessories thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Jun 7, 2014.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@efjay - I guess I must be getting really old school, because I prefer your new "black model" to the silver coating....:thumbsup:

2. efjay

efjay Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yep, should look quite nice.

Nah, way more classy. :)

I actually prefer the color of the old SP1 & 2 so this gives me a little bit of both.

3. dstrauss

Here are the HTC Scribe "black pens" with the Sanford Uni-Ball Eco caps I ripped off some old pens we had around here - pretty cool I think:

HTC-Capped.jpg

Plan to keep one at home and one at office "just in case." I really like the fact the Scribe pen buttons are slightly recessed and less likely to hit by accident.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  4. kontrol1

kontrol1 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi,

Would there be any issue sticking (adhesive on one side) a 2 inch x 5 inch magnetic tape to the back of the kickstand? Would the silver paint peel off if I remove the tape? Any interference with the internals?

(something like this)

Thinking about using that magnetic strip to attach the Pen. Lack of pen silo sucks. When not using the Type cover there is nowhere to keep the pen.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

If similar to what I'm used to with that tape, its not very strong. I've been at attaching the pen to the keyboard magnets to walk around the office. Those magnets are pretty strong. However, none of those are as good as designed slot or silo for while in a bag or truly more secure hold.

No idea on the paint hold.

6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Efjay ... looks like your S3 is in a case. Without the bulk.

7. lancorp

lancorp Scribbler - Standard Member

Isn't the glass made from Gorilla Glass? Why the need for a screen protector? I've actually never seen any screen film that is invisible and seeing any sort of texture or bubbles would distract me.

8. Randall Garrett

Randall Garrett Scribbler - Standard Member

FWIW, sometimes the choice to use a screen protector is to alter (hopefully improve) the display characteristics - that is, various "view-ability" items (i.e. for glare when in less than optimal conditions, like outdoors), or the "feel" of the screen - some people like a little more "drag" when inking to better simulate a paper feel, or simply because they are annoyed with the "clack" when using harder nibs on devices with more air gap. In other words, it's not always just for scratch protection ;-) Of course, then there are those who get a screen protector out of ignorance or just have money burning a hole in their pockets and are looking for an inexpensive accessory for their new toy..., errr, I mean tool. We've all done it... ;-)

Hope this helps!

-Randall Garrett-

/end/

9. dstrauss

I've NEVER spent money just to accessorize my toys (cough cough) - actually this will be the first tablet screen protector I've ever used (DayVue) hoping to cut outdoor screen glare - but if it dulls the screen at all it's toast.

Sent from Tapatalk

10. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

Just an update on my Stickerboy order guys. USPS is absolute crap. Stickerboy sent my order on June 23 and it will not be here till Monday because of USPS forwarding and rerouting my package 3 times from a location that is less than an hour away. It was then forwarded to a location that is an hour away (makes no sense). I swear...the kind of people that work for our government...smh.