Surface Pro 3 Accessories thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Jun 7, 2014.

1. johnchad14

johnchad14 Scribbler - Standard Member

Waiting on that armorsuit shipping notification...guess they're not in any hurry to get it to me for launch day

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

I am just going to carry my SP3 in my 13" macbook pro sleeve, it works just fine.

I did order a BT keyboard accessory for the type cover so I can pair my phone with the type cover when I want to pound out some texts with someone, instead of using the keyboard. I have a solid blue tooth mouse already, so I am pretty much set.

Time will tell if I will invest in a SP3 Dock, not sure if I need a dock since I have everything connected to skydrive.

3. DennyA

DennyA Pen Pal - Newbie

Picked up an Inateck USB 3.0/Ethernet adapter for use when traveling, and a tiny Transcend USB 3.0 SD card reader. Both are great, though I wish the USB port on the S3 was a bit lower.

4. minnus

minnus Pen Pal - Newbie

Stickerboy posted pictures of the SP3 and Type Cover in the Black Carbon Fiber skin. Pretty pricey. Excessively expensive if ordering each piece separately. While I only wanted the Back, Sides, and Type Cover wrap - it literally cost the same as the entire "combo". I also wanted a different colored side (Black body and Red sides). After ordering the Black Combo, Red sides, and the 25% off coupon, it came to about $56. /cringe

5. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

I just ordered the Combo 1 (front/back/sides - $39.95) in Silver Brushed Aluminum and Silver Carbon Fiber for mine and my father's SP3's. I'll post pictures when they arrive/get installed. I chose silver in these two variations because I feel like they matched the Surface Pro 3's silver the best. We'll see, though. After the 25% coupon, the total came to $59.92 (saved $19.98).

@minnus, it sucks that they rip you off when you want to mix it up. I'm assuming you got your idea from the SP2 below; it looks solid, but my only concern was the silver of the SP3 throwing off the color scheme, which is was the other reason for me avoiding mixing up colors:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  6. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm going to need to connect an SP3 to a VGA projector occasionally. I notice that in the Surface Accessories section of the Microsoft Store, it is very careful to state that the Surface Mini-DP to VGA adaptor is ONLY for the Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 models. That implies that it won't work with an SP3.

Has anyone out there successfully connected your SP3 to a VGA device? If so, how did you do it? Thanks.

7. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

Any miniDP to VGA will work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Did you try to contact their cust service and ask to price the full package with 2 colors. They have done this for me in the past. They are very good with cust service.

9. minnus

minnus Pen Pal - Newbie

Ohhh, I haven't seen that picture before, but yes, something similar to that. Im stuck with red as the accent because that is the color of my type cover. With the casing being silver, I was actually originally planning on white and red. It then dawned on me that it would remind me too much of candy canes so I immediately scraped the idea. If I can redo it (aka cared enough to return the type cover for the dark blue best buy version, I would get white and blue.

Sadly, yes. This was their response: "Unfortunately, they must be 1 color. For different colors, they must be ordered separately."

10. smaug

smaug Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried the leather skins from Stickerboy? I'm not so worried about the protection, but the texture difference might be nice; the back of the surface is obviously pretty slick and that leather might feel pretty nice...