Surface Pro 3 Accessories thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptrkhh

ptrkhh Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you for your helpful response guys! That means a lot. I recently found out the Madz Catz MOUS 9. It seems like its larger than the tiny Orochi or RAT M, and maybe that's what I was looking for. The problem is its hard to find a normal-sized Bluetooth mouse (as I mentioned earlier, I hate small mice). Most of them are geared towards portability than ergonomics, even the gaming variants. I mean, if I already carry a 12" or larger device in my bag, I wont even notice the size difference of the mouse in my bag. Still cant understand the logic

2. Bane

Bane Pen Pal - Newbie

The Microsoft glass screen protector isn't available to me right now, probably soon but at a premium. I was thinking of getting the IIlumishield, but then I read quite a lot of negative reviews on it, in regards to reduced sensitivity etc. etc. So I held on to that thought for now. :)

3. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

IllumniShield HD? That is not glass and it is a good plastic SP IMO...

4. Bane

Bane Pen Pal - Newbie

Oops! It's a film protector lol!

5. wookiee2cu

wookiee2cu Pen Pal - Newbie

I think that may have possibly been an error from copying text from the previous keyboard model and they didn't catch that part). When you click Learn More and read more on the keyboard it is not mentioned again. I really hope they do come out with one but I'm not going to hold my breathe.

6. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Just got a Microsoft Official Protective Sleeve for Surface Pro 3. This is only available to pre-orders in China mainland however some merchants got a bunch of it and sold it. I managed to get one (thanks to a friend) and it costs around $40. Pretty expensive. It's made of some kind of leather on the outside (I doubt it is genuine leather, but I'm no expert in material..), but the interior is not quite as good. It's quite business and has a Microsoft logo on the front side. Fits well with both type cover and pen, and it has a business card slot. I think there is surely no similar sleeve on the market, but the price is a little bit high. However it is extremely difficult to get one even if in China (really limited stock)...So if anyone's interested I'll post a picture of it. You can also refer to this merchant's link below. It's shown as out of stock (and I'm sure it will never be replenished..), but pictures as good.
    http://product.dangdang.com/1036816920.html

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Interesting, I got the page in Japanese quoting a price of 309 yen or about $3, but I'm sure it is supposed to say 309 yuan, which is close to $40.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

9. ElectronicFur

ElectronicFur Pen Pal - Newbie

Calling all cyan coloured Type Cover users. How easy is this colour to keep clean? I ordered this with my SP3 having forgotten the back of it was also felt. Duh. I'm now thinking whether to return it for another colour, maybe the darker purple.

I'm in two minds, as I like cheerful bright colours. But don't want to have to clean it every week.

Why did MS make the back of these felt as well, agh. It's not like it's cheap enough to just replace with a new one once it's dirty.

10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have a Cyan Type Cover, but I keep it in a drawer or bag when not in use and I haven't had the need to clean it even once. I also have a blue that I've had for four months longer, and no need to clean that one either.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.