Surface Pro 3 Accessories thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is that read or write? I assume write?

2. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

3. Barstuck

Barstuck Pen Pal - Newbie

Update on the Microsoft screen protector for the SPro3: I am experiencing a reduction in touch sensitivity as well (as per Ionaysta's update). It is rather annoyong, especially in some applications.
    Pen sensitivity doesn't seem affected though.

So, thumb is not as far up for it now. Maybe a little sideways.

4. FenderP

FenderP Scribbler - Standard Member

As an FYI, the Jack Spade Fulton Leather Tablet Portfolio fits the SP3 + keyboard perfectly. You can even put in the AC adapter if you wanted. I prefer the sleeve to be a bit thinner so I'm probably not.

http://www.jackspade.com/fulton-lea...ade-root#q=tablet&start=4&cgid=jackspade-root

The good news is that I think the JS thing should fit the Vaio tablet when it comes out next year. The Vaio is a touch wider and taller.

5. lonaysta

Apologies if my before-the-update review misled you... As I mentioned previously, plugging the device to AC Power wipes the touchscreen sensitivity reduction issue in my case. Would you try it yourself? If this issue only happens on battery, then there might will be a software-based fix for the issue in the future; at least we can report it to Microsoft.

6. Barstuck

Okay, this is a little perplexing.

Last night I really noticed the sensitivity issue. Then again this morning.
    Now, I turn it on, and it seems to be fine. :confused:
    Would cleaning the screen affect sensitivity? (I cleaned it just before testing just now. Wasn't nasty, just some finger prints)

I will continue to monitor though, and if the touch sensitivity issue reoccurs, I will try plugging it in to see if it makes a difference.

7. lonaysta

The issue has also gone away from my device for a while; according to my previous experience with Zagg and Incipio's screen protector, cleaning wouldn't resolve the issue. But this one is kind of different/confusing...

8. Barstuck

Only once this weekend did the sensitivity issue arise with the screen protector (Friday evening), but a quick reboot, and everything fine again.

Odd, confusing even, but acceptable (for now). Leaning back towards a 'Thumbs Up" once again.

lonaysta likes this.
  9. Feralboy

Feralboy Scribbler - Standard Member

10. ptrkhh

ptrkhh Scribbler - Standard Member

I am looking for a Bluetooth mouse that has the least lag as possible. From what I see on the internet, as well as my experience with a $20 Buffalo BT mouse, lag is the biggest problem for a BT mouse, hence I think only gaming mice have that in the priority.

Heres my criteria:
    1. Bluetooth. Im not going to stick a dongle in the only USB port on my tablet PC.
    2. Minimum lag.
    3. Not small. I don't have strict criteria for design/shape/feel I guess. On my desktop, I game with a generic corded Logitech mouse! But I hate small (laptop) mouse.
    4. Durable. Since it is going to accompany my tablet PC everywhere it goes, it will fall several times.
    5. No touch mouse, unless it supports Precision TrackPad API.

From all the gaming mice, I can only find 2 that have Bluetooth: the Razer Orochi (2nd-gen) or Madz Catz RAT M. RAT M has Bluetooth 4.0 with a battery that can last for a year. The Orochi can function as a corded mouse (but no charging as far as I know). I haven't laid my hands on both of them (you know how hard it is to find either mouse in stores), so I have several questions if you own or have owned one of those mice:
    1. How comfortable is the RAT M? Since it is quite strange compared to a 'normal' mouse
    2. How durable is it? The design really concerns me.
    2. Does the RAT M really last a year? (well, it hasn't been in the market for a year)
    3. Can I, for example, use the Orochi with my desktop as a corded mouse while BT-paired with my Tablet PC?
    4. Most importantly, do they really lag less than other BT mice?

I am, of course, open to other mice as well as long as they meet my criteria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.