Surface Pro 3 Accessories thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There's only Microsoft's keyboard covers. Anything else will have to be Bluetooth or USB.

2. dartho19

dartho19 Pen Pal - Newbie

So where i can buy the keyboard cover at the lowest price?

3. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

4. dartho19

dartho19 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think so.

5. lonaysta

Chatted with a Microsoft Store sales rep and he confirmed this screen protector is made by Microsoft. However I'm not quite sure of it....waiting to see more reviews coming up. I didn't see anything like "lifetime warranty" listed in the product description, which is industry-standard for tempered glass screen protectors...

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Is it made by Microsoft?..>>

...It's made by Incipio, and it is also featured on their website. It's a good product...

7. lonaysta

No, it's two different product. The one made by Incipio is listed as Plex Shield on Microsoft Store. It has been there for some time. This one is pretty new, maybe just listed on Microsoft Store for a few days.

Have a look at
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/Protect-your-Surface/categoryID.64361000

And you can see both the Incipio's Plex Shield as well as the one I've been talking about is listed. Incipio's is priced $59.99 while the "Microsoft-made" one is at $49.99.

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...No, it's two different product...>>

...Hmmmm.... Looks like you're right. MIME is the only supplier that I know of who makes a glass SP at that price point. So maybe it's them?

Based on member posts, the MIME product doesn't seem to be as highly regarded as the Incipio product... Maybe...

See:

http://mimeusa.com/product/surface-pro-3-ghost-glass-screen-protector/

9. lonaysta

I might go to a Microsoft Store some time to have a look at this...Yeah, it might be from MIME or even Zagg(it is priced at $49.99 in Zagg's database though not available for sale on Zagg.com. BBY price $54.99), or something else...The online rep said "made by Microsoft", but I strongly doubt that..

10. wookiee2cu

wookiee2cu Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the incipio one and it is nice, the only problem is it is the exact dimensions of the glass. So if your bezel is off by even the smallest amount it will not allow the incipio to lay flat on the screen, for me it was slightly raised at one corner and drove me nuts. I ended up getting the Zagg one at bestbuy and it is about a millimeter smaller on all sides allowing for wiggle room in applying it. By looking at my unit I don't even see a slight misalignment with my bezel but apparently there is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.