Surface Pro 3 Accessories thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

The angled edges aren't a problem for the connectors on the Pro 1 or 2 either.

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Couldn't get that link to work, but I used a Startech USB31000S with my SPro2 and it worked great.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. Romer

Romer Pen Pal - Newbie

4. rwerksman

rwerksman Scribbler - Standard Member

My firm has about 10 of those floating around under a different brand name. They are universally liked - you'll be happy.

5. Romer

Romer Pen Pal - Newbie

That is good to know. Thanks

6. bkydcmpr

bkydcmpr Scribbler - Standard Member

My entire house is wired with Cat.6E, however I found I had never plugged my laptop into the Ethernet jack, so I'd rather use this one with a full size SD card reader instead, it would be handy when I want to load pictures from my 4/3rd.

Another brand seems to be identical but cheaper.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Has anyone tried a startech cable kit like this versus the microsoft official adapters?..>>

...I can't speak to this adapter specifically, but I have had experience with StarTech using other products, and I have found them to be satisfactory. As jhoff80 has already observed, the angled edges of the Surface tablets are not a problem if you elect to use regular connectors...

9. opasha

opasha Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow, StickerBoy reminds me of GadgetWraps for my Pebble. They look really good. Don't buy ARMORSUIT. I bought them for my Note 3 and it was a terrible process in applying. I had no choice but to throw it away, and I'm pretty good at applying. It was a pain to work with - way too flimsy. I've done full glass screen protectors on my Note 3 and family members' S5s without issues as a result. The StickerBoy products look quite sturdy and dstrauss said he put a gunmetal grey one on his SP2, so that alone gives me confidence. Your review was very good too, so thank you for the information.

I've replied mostly in Lenovo Thinkpad 8 and Dell Venue 8 Pro threads because those are what I currently owned (just got rid of the V8Pro after the Thinkpad 8 came in). I just started reading up on Microsoft threads regarding the SP3. Thank you all for the feedback and very informative posts. I pre-ordered the SP3 128/4gb/i5 for my father and 256/8gb/i5 for myself from themicrosoftstore with 10% coupon code per tablet and per keyboard giving 40% off the entire order. I was very happy with that :).

10. Romer

Romer Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the AC wifi at home and it is one of the reasons I bought the surface. The ethernet hub is for when I am traveling. There have been times in Hotel rooms where the wifi was just too weak and I needed to use the ethernet if I wanted internet. Recently had to go down to the lobby to get on the wifi due to a weak signal at a Hilton Property. I travel a lot for work. This just helps me be prepared

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.