Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie

For you who are watching game of thrones season 7 no explanation is needed :)

For all who don't watch check out this quote: “Everything before the word ‘but’ is horseshit” – as told to Jon Snow by Ned Stark. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Honestly?
    I LOVE the Surface line but with this last device I'm a bit pissed with Microsoft.

Aside fron this, no matter Microsoft pen efforts, consider wacom emr is still the tech when it comes to drawing.
    I'm certain the i5 on Surface is better, battery lasts more (but I could use a battery pack with the Samsung just like I do with the iPad), it's silent and all but let's be serious the Surface once you add cover and pen costs €1750 against the €1250 of the Galaxy Book!
    Why should any illustrator invest on the Surface?

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Thanks Azzart - direct and to the point.

4. Azzart

Also, €1800 if you want the new alcantara cover.
    And you need to buy the overly expensive surface dock if you want to attach something more than just a single external display. I suppose you have more options with Samsung usb-c.
    And when that happens you're stuck on Surfaces like myself. :D

Omazic.iv likes this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

If only we were king, with authority to decree what they will build.

Bronsky, Omazic.iv and convergent like this.
  6. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

If only,

BUT

:cool:

7. Art_N00b

Art_N00b Scribbler - Standard Member

So how does this work exactly? Do you ask them to unbox the product you want to buy right there in the store so you can check the display before you purchase?

8. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

I always run a check on the device before I leave the store but, normally, after I buy it. If there is anything I think is an obvious defect, I return it on the spot. It takes a bit of time but you wind up with the device you want.

Art_N00b and Omazic.iv like this.
  9. Azzart

Ok, I finally received the new pen preordered from Microsoft: not impressed.
    When it works normally it's pretty good...
    BUT (again? how many "but" is going to get this machine from me?!?)
    It suffers of some electrical interference just like this guy: only less pronounced.
    any interference disappear if I keep contact with the metal border using my other hand. Both the seismic jitter and the cursor jumping 2-3 millimeters away as soon as the tip touches the screen.

now, what in all hells should I do?
    -waiting to see if microsoft as a software fix for this?
    -declaring the pen defective and wait a replacement from Microsoft when it stocks up again?
    -send back the Surface to Amazon asking for a refund and getting a Galaxy Book? with the risk of being kicked out of Amazon since from April I sent back: 1 Cintiq 27 Touch, 2 Surface Book, 2 Surface Pro.

To think I got rid of Wacom because I wanted to be rid of all these sort of problems...

Omazic.iv likes this.
  10. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

That's pretty terrible! I have not experienced anything like that on mine. I did a project quality review at one of our customers last week and spent several days taking notes in interviews with the pen, nearly all day for several days and I had zero problems with the pen. I would have abandoned it in the first 5 minutes if it was doing what you showed here.

Do you think its the pen or the SP that is the problem?