Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Likewise, I dodged the BLB bullet with my i7.

schj98 likes this.
  2. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

In your video, it looks sometimes like the wiggle is your hand wiggling, but not sure... I trust you if you say it isn't. I just tried drawing about 100 diagonal lines... most in OneNote, and some in the pen tool that lets you draw on a screen print. I had a couple of times where it glitched and I had a big squiggle much worse than what you showed; but most of the time I was able to draw pretty straight lines going slowly. The biggest problem I had in OneNote was my hand somehow causing the canvas to move which does cause the line to not be straight. The two lines that seemed to have a glitch it was like the ink looked like it stopped going on the screen for a split second and then kind of flipped out and caught up but wasn't straight. I only noticed it on 2 out of about 100 lines.

When I had the SP4 for about a month I noticed some trouble more like you are showing, but I'm thus far not really seeing that with the nSP. To me... and not sure if this is my head playing games with me or accurate observation.. the nSP and new pen feels much more like writing on paper and is much more fluid and responsive.

3. schj98

schj98 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I tried a replacement and unfortunately it had the same backlight bleed issue in the same place.

I guess I will return and wait a week or so for new stock to come in.

4. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...What power supply ships with the i7 nSP?..I read the Anand Tech review and they said 44W...>>

...See post #517.

The nSP AC Adapter differs from the SP4 AC adapter in that it outputs 15V at 2.58A rather than 12V at the same amperage. That's 38.7W plus 5V at 1A for the USB port for a grand total of 43.7W. It's not unusual for some of the more mundane Surface accessories to take a while to reach the store...

Another interesting difference; if you start the nSP adapter from a dead start, the white LED on the Surface Connector blinks twice. I assume that's a BIT check to verify that the adapter is working correctly...

6. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

Did not work, unfortunately. The inside connection is completely redesigned.

7. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm glad I went ahead and bought the nSP from the brick and mortar Microsoft Store. My pre-order is still hosed up. This morning I got a fraud alert from Amex that they were trying to charge me again. I went into my store account and it looks like they refunded me for the type cover (which they shipped to me on time), and are trying to charge me again for the nSP (which they didn't ship... and still no shipping info). It took several attempts and escalating to a manager to actually get to talk to someone to explain this order. Several prior attempts didn't go through or was cut off after several minutes of dialog. Hopefully they will get it straight and get the order canceled. But I don't think I'll ever order through their store online again. I might possibly end up with a free type cover out of this, but won't hold my breath on that one!

8. southdunes

Confirmed, my i7 shipped with the 44W.

Edit: Read Steve's post after-the-fact. Spot on.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  9. southdunes

Had a similar experience with my S3 pre-order, a complete mess that took MS months to resolve. Hope yours is resolved quickly!

10. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Woohoo dragon skin is back and on my sp5. I always get nervous using my devices with no protection. I'm really digging the sp5, even though on the outside it's virtually the same as the sp4. I do feel it's thinner, but likely that's my imagination. The extra battery life is awesome.

The old sp4 was relegated to work duty driving 2 4K monitors. I must say the sp4 is MUCH snappier than the sp3. Well now I have an extra sp3, not sure what to do with it.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronsky likes this.