Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

Happy launch day, everyone!

Found Thurrott's comments regarding the relative silence of the fan to be the most interesting feedback. Might compel me to bump up to the i7/8/256 from the i5/8/256.

I'm eagerly awaiting affirmation from the folks here! Very interested to hear others first impressions -

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Anyone know if SP4 skins will fit the SP5?..>>

@spinedoc77 : Proceed with caution. The gores for the back may fit, but the new curvature on the edges may create fit problems for those gores (because they were cut to lie on more or less flat edges)...

spinedoc77 and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Oh cool, I just contacted Amazon customer care and I discovered my Surface hasn't been dispatched yet because my payment through Amazon gift card (the Surface Book refund) is yet to be processed.
    Meanwhile they only have 6 left in stock and if the payment doesn't go through fast enough I'll have to wait the next batch.
    Lucky man...

Bronsky likes this.
  4. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

LOL... I know, I won't do anything crazy. It would just be most frustrating to be staring at a pen and keyboard all weekend. And I'm traveling next week so there's that.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that its all on the UPS truck. I know from other company's launch day delivery that this kind of weird tracking happens because I think they actually park things in the pipeline kind of hidden and then they just appear.

The one serious question I did have was whether in the brick and mortar Microsoft store they could see that on my account online I qualified for student pricing? If I go in there now and order something online, it gives me student pricing. When I placed the initial order, I had to have them send my daughter an email to her school email address; and provide a copy of her schedule of classes. Once approved, it was approved for my Microsoft account.

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I've never had the brick & mortar Microsoft Store question my daughter's account - just gave them her .edu email and they confirmed I was eligible to buy "one of everything" if I wanted to.

Bronsky and MacrosTheBlack007 like this.
  6. dstrauss

Somebody want to tell me HOW she connected that camera rig to here Surface Pro (Microsoft Store ad):
    [​IMG]

7. southdunes

southdunes Scribbler - Standard Member

8. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

USB Port....

[​IMG]

9. dstrauss

Oh darn - my old eyes hoped it was the connector port - for more powerful goodies...

10. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

just picked up my nSP and blue cobalt keyboard.... its smells soooo nice. I will just sit here and sniff this *****. does that make me ****ed up at all lol

alextrela182, JMac, dstrauss and 4 others like this.