Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Anyone know if SP4 skins will fit the SP5? I'm sure they will, just want to make sure. I need my dbrand dragon skin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

99.9% will fit.
    Btw black dragon is just perfectly amazing.
    Here’s at my S8+:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m thinking of replacing hyper-black titanium back skin at my Book with the black dragon too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    spinedoc77 and southdunes like this.
  3. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

That's a good idea... the store is in a busy mall so I'm sure I could find someone's daughter to help me out since school is out. I'll just offer her a few bucks to help me out. .... oh wait, that may get me arrested! :eek:

sonichedgehog360, kvoram and Bronsky like this.
  4. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well actually many 24-27 years old look like being 16-17 so problem solved like Ariana Grande:p:p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. convergent

Good suggestion... but is Ariana Grande a qualified student based on Microsoft's guidelines? :cool::rolleyes:

nnthemperor likes this.
  6. convergent

OK, so this is very bizarre. Both the UPS trackers for pen and type cover are now showing "Out for Delivery" but still also showing 3 Day select schedule for Monday. The weight on the type cover shipment (which was ordered together with the SP), is only 1 pound, so my assumption was that it couldn't include the SP. Given the dates are wrong, I am now suspecting that everything is on the truck! Unfortunately UPS doesn't hit my house until very late in the day. So what to do? I'd hate to end up with the type cover and pen tonight and have no SP to go with it!

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Microsoft store is open 'till 10 right?

8. convergent

Good point. I can see how this might go. I am impatient. I ordered the i5/8g/256g. I can't wait so go to the store and they have sold out of those and only have the i7/16g/1t. Ka-ching! Ka-ching! :D

Bronsky likes this.
  9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Wow, he loves it, he really loves (well, likes it more than I thought he would):

Paul Thurrott, Microsoft Surface Pro (2017) First Impressions

It was particularly interesting for the opening observation:

"It may look the same as its predecessor at first glance, but the deeper I dig, the more impressed I become with the improvements Microsoft has made with the new Surface Pro.

In fact, I’m a bit curious that Microsoft went so low-key with this one. The new Surface Pro is absolutely enough of an improvement to justify a “5” at the end of its name. So I can only conclude that we’re seeing a new—and, yes, very Apple-like—approach to device branding in Redmond."

10. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie

Please remove line: I am patient... - from your CV :)))

Don't rush into it man, whats the difference from today till even Monday next week? Does your life depend on it? I doubt that...

Anyway even if you go to MStore without your daughter you can try to sell them a story about how great girl you have and that you want to surprise her with this new SP, and that she deserves it as she have all good grades... but you as a father are in a bit short of money scenario, so you want to use her discount without her knowing ... bla bla bla...

And please let us know how this all ended :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nnthemperor and Bronsky like this.