Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

I still can't find a reason why Signature Keyboards don't have finger print sensor.

and why there is not a single sample of the working pens when they bragged about it big time.

Azzart likes this.
  2. cbutters

cbutters Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree.... a signature edition should include "all the features" especially when sold at a premium. I can see them not wanting to offer the fingerprint sensor because of windows hello biometrics.... but then don't sell the fingerprint edition on the side. It pisses the market off when you do unnecessary segmentation. I thought they learned this with Windows Home / Professional / Ultimate .... every feature should roll up into the higher priced edition.
    As far as the pen... I'm sure it will be here eventually. I'd rather they deliver a bit late than miss the mark by a few week than miss on quality/feature set. I wonder if setbacks are the real reason that they aren't selling the surface with pen in the box.

Omazic.iv and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Emulation of Apple greed...they'll call it "choice" but who would CHOSE to buy such an expensive touch and pen device only for touch, especially when the pen features are so highly promoted.

Omazic.iv likes this.
  4. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

There were a number of sites last week that cited a Microsoft source saying only 30% of Surface users actually used the pen.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

kvoram likes this.
  5. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am so tablet-less right now. Sold the SP4 to get the new SP, sold my 12.9 IPP to get the new 10.5 one. at least I still have my galaxy tab S3 with the keyboard to try and hold me over. (I do wireless for a living so I like to have everything for testing, Android,Windows, iOS etc as to the question of why Ihave so much lol)

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

JoeS likes this.
  6. seeyar

seeyar Pen Pal - Newbie

This forum evangelized me into buying a penabled device (Thinkpad 10 EMR). After one year use, I find I hardly use the pen. A keyboard is indispensable for me.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...After one year use, I find I hardly use the pen...>>

...Like all other peripherals, the pen is simply another tool. In time, you may use it more, or not...

8. dstrauss

Well, if that is true, folks are way over-buying their technology because the Surface line, without pen, is way over-priced for a touch only solution.

dbrn, sonichedgehog360, soh5 and 3 others like this.
  9. dstrauss

Hang in there - good things come to those who wait (says the guy with the patience of a gnat).

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  10. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not one person, in this company, uses the stylus. I do but that's once a month etc. Shame as the same people with the Surface devices walk into meetings with pen and paper. Mind boggling.

The Surface pro Pro needs a battery cover.