Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I never said I was a good one :)

gcoupe, kvoram, JoeS and 2 others like this.
  2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

3. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

Well...I recall the Thinkpad I had a while back had a stylus that was garaged in a silo beneath the base. BTW, the S Pen showing in the fuzzy photo of the Notebook 9 Pro doesn't look like my GB12 S Pen. It may be actual pen-sized rather than the smaller S Pen I've got in my GTA10.1, but the shape is different, I suppose, to better fit the silo specs.

4. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

exactly, more than just writing, the tablet form factor is even more useful for reading. if i am guessing correctly, we spend more time on our tablets reading stuff than we spend writing stuff. I was hoping some major, pen based tablet maker will combine the aspects of both-
    1. writing on a digital slate - a pen digitizer that makes people forget that they are in anaesthesia
    2. reading on digital paper - a colour display that's easy on eyes readable under direct sunlight and lasts longer.

Omazic.iv likes this.
  5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

6. DRTigerlilly

I don't have an issue with pen's in silo, the x61 did this and other tablets, but those were full sized pens, with the devices getting thinner, i'd assume the pens would end up smaller too....

but it's definitely not that it can't be done...

7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I know some of you refer to it as "fleabay" but before you pull the trigger on a new Surface Pro, check out some of the absolute bargains going on eBay (and NO, I don't have one for sale up there). I saw a brand new, unopened box SP4 16gb/1tb (which includes the pen :vbtongue:) for $1775 this morning...beware, there are some folks still asking full retail, so do your homework...

8. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Make sure its coming with the standard Microsoft Warranty in the US, if you are in the US. I've seen some that don't come with Microsoft Warranty.

Refurb is another good deal directly from Microsoft on SP4 and I think even SP3.

dstrauss likes this.
  9. DRTigerlilly

Does Microsoft sell warranties on the machines that come refurbished from them?

10. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

They come with a 1 year warranty just like the new ones do, and you can buy Microsoft Complete if you want too.

To me, a factory refurb is almost better than new because I believe they run them through more rigorous testing to verify everything is good. I think they are mostly returns that weren't really used. Their description says they are indistinguishable from new and have a new warranty.

$849 for i5/8G/256G SP4
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/certified-refurbished-surface-pro-4/93jjb08mk83f/GG88

They seem to be out of stock on SP3 now... had them last week.