Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Anyone with a SP5 recently been able to get MS to swap their device with an SP6? I have a few days left on complete & it be nice to get an SP6 as my SP5 has some issues(like number row hardware & software not working).

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

@Chris_Kez reported he got an SP5 replacement for his SP5 recently - no upgrade.

Chris_Kez and sonichedgehog360 like this.
  3. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Reformed Lumia Fan

As [mention]dstrauss [/mention]said I just went through this. I sent back a SP5 on the 22nd with a cracked screen. They sent me the same model as a replacement, and tacked on an additional five months of Complete care. If I’d gone to the store I feel like I’d have gotten a SP6 as a replacement, but my Complete Care was expiring and who knows when they’ll reopen their stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bloodycape

I spoke to someone over chat last night & told me my compete was extended to August, moved from June & will make a note of it on my account. I am really hoping they open up in June so I can take my SP5 for replacement(rather not wait for the mail) & if I get an Sp6 better if not a new SP5 with less battery wear is fine by me(pending hardware doens't act up).

5. bloodycape

I got my replacement SP5 & it kind of was charging slow(charger wasn't changed) while using it. Is that because it was downloading all the windows updates & doing whatever background tasks new Windows install do or is there something wrong? I am going to keep track of it, but on the plus side I now have an extra year on the warranty. What are the chances in March I call with issues my replacement device is newer device than the SP5?

6. bloodycape

So I'm having a white pixel & hot pixel slowly cropping up on my SP5. I have a month left on my MS Care. Anyone know if replacement devices are going to be SP5 still or are people getting lucky & getting SP6?

7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Its a pity they don't have the physical stores anymore. Since the Pro 7 is now almost 2 years old, I'd like to imagine if the Physical Stores were still around, there would be no way they would have leftover Pro 5s and 6's and just replace a pro 5 or 6 with a 7. But for sending into Microsoft corporate, I think you'll likely get a Pro 5 sadly. But if you're pixels are starting to go, you got nothing to lose by sending it in.

8. bloodycape

Yeah physicals stores would have been optimal. I know with MS now one has to send it in then they send the replacement back, which is not optimal as that takes at least a week. It's so weird if they still have the SP5 after all these years. Just so odd.

9. bloodycape

Finally got around to talking to MS support. They still have SP5 in inventory but no SP4 anymore. Since mines was a base I might get the base with 8gb of ram if 4gb isn't available. Now to install W10 again.

10. bloodycape

I have Windows 11 beta on my machine but it says that it's not meet the min requirements. What is the SP5 missing to not meet the min requirements?