Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

True that.
    Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

2. b52hbuff

b52hbuff Scribbler - Standard Member

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Any one experiencing touch screen lag in Chrome? I've googled touch screen lag and chrome, and not much was found other than turning off smooth scrolling, which didn't have much effect. It's fine mostly though the mouse, and with the pen, just touch input where I see lag. I know Chrome lags on windows, but is there a reason why I am only seeing when using the touch screen and not touchpad? I also don't think it was this bad on my Surface 3 wrt touch input.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  5. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

If you want to ink while docked you mount it on an adjustable arm. But maybe he just wants to use it as a screen while docked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

Can anyone recommend a third party power supply? I'd like to keep a spare one in my bag but $80 for the original one from Microsoft is a little steep for that convenience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. b52hbuff

@Chris_Kez hit the nail on the head. I don't find it very useful or ergonomic to write on my surface while docked. I've previously owned an SP2 and had the fixed angle dock. I now own the SP2017 with the new dock that allows ability to use kickstand.

I never use the ink or display on the SP2017 while docked. I would dock with SP1027 "closed" on type cover, but I need to keep the Windows Hello camera out and I need access to the Type Cover keyboard, since my old IBM 101-key keyboard doesn't have a Windows key. ;)

8. b52hbuff

9. b52hbuff

Turns out that the Mini Valence is just a bit too small to comfortably hold the surface in the padded tablet pouch. Have a slightly bigger bag on order and will let you know how it works out.

https://www.maxpedition.com/products/valence-tech-sling-pack?variant=28179368081

...the bag is very nice. Continues the tradition of well built Maxpedition bags.

10. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

A firmware update issued last night(?) may have fixed the pen drift/palm recognition issues that have plagued some devices. Anyone able to verify?