Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I think you might regret the 128GB over time. If you buy from Amazon Marketplace you can probably get the 256gb version for the same price, possibly less, and you can get a Square Trade wtty for 3 yrs for the same or less than price of Complete. The last 5 or so posts I've read about experiences with Complete at MS stores is that they have changed policy and become much less accommodating with claims, much less. The only catch with Amazon is you only want to buy from vendors for which Amazon does the fulfillment - otherwise returns can be a hassle. Good luck.

2. Chris_Kez

Chris_Kez Scribbler - Standard Member

Alright, MS called me back and said it was an error in the system. They're giving me free expedited shipping and will set up Complete on Friday morning after I get the device. :thumbsup:

3. lovelaptops

So much the better. Congrats! MS refurbs are better than new - a human has to test them to ensure all systems are in order. You got a great deal!

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Sometimes I really question that
    My last refurb had the screen overhanging the casing...
    No idea how that would pass any standards check

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

5. lovelaptops

Sorry to hear that happened, but I think it's likely an exception. Do you feel otherwise?

6. DRTigerlilly

I don't know... There are just so many stories that make me wonder sometimes... Or people getting replacement machines that have issues out the box and it makes you question... How did this get through QA.... but then the same could be said of new units...

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

7. lovelaptops

I put replacement machines and refurbs not done by the mfr in different categories than warranteed refurbs from mfrs. Still, wouldn't put anything past these spineless scoundrels!

8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Nope - easy is not in their vocabulary - and you still have the mSDXC slot to work with.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  9. DRTigerlilly

I'm definitely talking DIRECTLY from Microsoft.

10. lovelaptops

I think it's fair to say from a stroll around the most popular threads on TPCR this month that these are very gloomy times for Microsoft customers. I do love my brand new SB I got from closeout (not from MS) for $825 with a Skylake i5-6200U/Nvidia GPU/8GB/256GB but I even decided not to get Complete for it - in part because they charge $250 for it because they *used to* sell my model for $1,999 while the Square Trade wtty thru Amazon, for an extra year, was $91, but also because I've heard nothing but bad things about the way Complete customers have been treated lately. Used to be I thought of Complete as the gold standard of extended warranties, but I have a strong impression that MS has made a conscious choice to "stop being so generous" with holders of that wtty. At least with Square Trade you know if you drop it you will get the full price paid by check in 5 days, not a possibly crappy refurb that will no longer be under wtty as several have reported receiving. Man, though, is this hardware nice!

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    DRTigerlilly and dellaster like this.