Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. alextrela182

alextrela182 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well better look at Amazon de they providing offer from time to time.
    Few days ego the i7/8/256/1050 the 13.5” was 1800 euro(now it’s 1900)

Also look if you are having vat registered ability even a friend with that ability you and take advantage it and get it without VAT.
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200223930

Within EU if you are having certifications for professional intra community trade you have advantage over retail consumers purchased.

Or you should talk to a accountant for more details as my English knowledge is not that level to explain you with every details the all situation how work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Arachas likes this.
  2. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

Looks like today you can get the 4GB 128GB 2017 Surface Pro at Office Depot/Office Max for $500! Didn't check to see if it included anything like the keyboard or pen

Bronsky, dellaster and WillAdams like this.
  3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

No pen or keyboard but the price is very tempting.

4. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I agree......Ram aside....that is a very good price for the i5 model. If the Microsoft store had a similar deal for the i5 model....I would be very tempted to trade in my old Pro 3 and just pay the difference.

Seeing discounts this low.....I can't help but wonder if that means a true Surface Pro 5 is around the corner.

5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

At the very least an 8th gen quad core refresh?

6. Arachas

Arachas Pen Pal - Newbie

The real question is WHEN. I'd kill for a new model.

Microsoft Build next week?

7. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

It is certainly possible, but none of the 8th Gen quad cores come in an Iris variant at 15W. This poses a major problem for their premium i7 model’s target market since Iris graphics are quintessential in that product bracket, offering a bit more graphics punch for those who need it. So, unless Intel has something up their sleeves (I highly doubt it with Smeltdown woes and 10nm delays boggling them down) or Microsoft has an AMD variant for users needing higher graphics performance (it is possible, but AMD will not be closing the single-threaded CPU performance gap until 7nm Zen 2 in 2019), I see no new releases for the Surface Pro coming anytime soon. If so, Microsoft will be holding off until fall of this year at the earliest and 2019 at the latest.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  8. perry59

perry59 Pen Pal - Newbie

NOT!!!
    I tried to snag one of these for my wife. You can only get one from local store, they won't ship from a warehouse.
    there is not a store within a hundred miles of me that have any. Talked to one of their service reps, she said yeah, you have to pick it up from a store, and there are no stores in your state that have them. Then she said we would have more stock in a week or two, but the sale ends in two days.
    WTF? "we are having a great sale, you just can't buy any"
    false advertising is a mild way of putting it, I call it lying

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...The real question is WHEN...>>
    <<...I highly doubt it with Smeltdown woes and 10nm delays boggling them down...>>

...I'm inclined to agree with @sonichedgehog360 , especially in light of yesterday's reveal of several more Spectre attack vectors beyond the ones that have already been identified. It might be prudent for everyone to wait until the new-design processors start to appear (supposedly) towards the end of this year...

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

If you're near a store, I would go in and ask for a rain check.