Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Exactly, if Surface team can just get the it's pen issues right. Then the words like wacom and ipadpro will become history, there's a lots of love in the general public for Microsoft because of amazing historical product Windows has been and yes some of it does transfer over to Surface line up. But love too has itsi limit.

Success of smaller more affordable ipads and nexus and utter failure of goole pixelbook and high end pixels in terms of sale numbers is proof that discontinuing surface 10" (surface 3 etc) line up was a mistake, a big one.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Actually, the recharging doesn't bother me as much as the hard point - skips and too noisy for my taste, but you are absolutely right - they hit a home run with Gen 1, while MS (Gen 3) still struggling for a double...

siddhartth likes this.
  3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I just turn off my hearing aid.

Seriously though, I have never had it either skipping or making any noise. Would I prefer a smaller tip like the S-pen? Absolutely. Is it as smooth as the S-pen laying down ink? Again; absolutely.

Oh, and I make sure the tip is screwed in all the way to the base.

4. dstrauss

I print (for legibility sake) - so it is "TAP TAP TAP TAP" constantly on the screen - even in cursive it is tapping between words. "Skipping" was the wrong word - didn't mean skipping in laying down ink - I was referring to slipping across the glass it is so hard and slippery...

5. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think Adonit has the answer on how the apple pencil can be refined, it's Ntrig compatible stylus have nibs that look awfully like that of pencil but is way more pointy. Only if it was more rubbery in texture. Instead of making the display blurry with things like etched glass and matt screen protectors, i would prefer felt/rubber nibs on a smooth surface, it gives even better control than paper vs ballpoint, it's mimo like graphite vs paper.

Chris_Kez likes this.
  6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Taking a lawyer on his word, what is this world coming to?

But now I see what you mean. Haven't had that problem either, doesn't mean you don't have it. And I do think Apple could have done more to release separate tips, smaller, different material and so on. You know how they love to charger us $29.95 for those two for a dime trinkets.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

siddhartth and dstrauss like this.
  7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<..."Skipping" was the wrong word - didn't mean skipping in laying down ink...>>

Hmmm... This doesn't seem like a good habit for a lawyer:

"Your Honor? I said give him the death penalty, but I really meant to say give him bail!..."

8. dstrauss

"We are on a slippery slope here" he says as he skips through the rest of his argument....

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

10. dstrauss

And what does this MS dongle do that a simple converter on AMAZON doesn't?

Per Amazon:
    • Plug and Play,very convenient! Convert USB 3.0 Male to Type C Female
    • Use your cable or devices(with type-c male plug) to connect a charger,computer and other devices with a USB Female port
    • Mutifunction: Support Data Sync(OTG) & Charging.You could have a look at the third picture to know its functions
    • Real Superspeed USB 3.0 Technology: Made with high quality material & strict model to achieve Real super speed up to 5 Gbps data transfer rate!(backward compatible with USB 2.0)
    • Package content: 2 x Type C Female to USB 3.0 A Male Adapter
    I guess no video (maybe). A whopping $8.99 for TWO

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018