Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree, to an extent. I think it is more something to be aware of where to improve, rather than whether or not to.
    That will come with conflicts, but as long as you aren't running in the wrong direction, I think it's worth it.
    Innovating usually comes with struggle but can pay in spades.

However, some people do worry way too much about "performance" and go around proclaiming that others are "drinking the koolaid" for buying into anything else other than processing power. Ergonomics are great.
    My Surface has half the ram, half the ssd space, lower end graphics, and a worse stylus than my old Cintiq Companion 2 but the overall experience is so much better.

I hope there is lots of development in future optimising the "user experience".

dstrauss likes this.
  2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Chris_Kez likes this.
  3. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

There was some discussion a while back in regards to the Bamboo Ink. I found the battery life to be poor. Has anyone else with this pen had other experience? Not sure if mine is faulty hardware. Thanks.

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My daughter is still using her original battery from August.

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Granted I hardly use it anymore.....but I bought one as soon as it was buy-able....and my Battery to this day still works.

6. Jayjapanb

Jayjapanb Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm only getting a couple of months out of the Ink with pretty heavy daily use.
    I still like it more than the Surface Pen though.

siddhartth likes this.
  7. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

That's not a dongle, that's a brick.

siddhartth, dstrauss and DRTigerlilly like this.
  8. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Best of all (NOT) is it connects to your Surface Connector so no using it while the Surface Device is hooked to the power supply...

9. siddhartth

siddhartth Scribbler - Standard Member

I hope Microsoft is listening. I am not asking Microsoft to abandon the Ntrig tech and just go with wacom emr. I am just asking to make their Ntrig good enough so that people don't miss Wacom EMR in the first place. No body on iPad pro and apple pencolis missing Wacom EMR. If Adonit and wacom can make much more cursive handwriting friendly Ntrig compatible pens then why can't Microsoft make a good enough Pen for its own Surface line up.

I have nothing but applause for Microsoft for Opening up Ntrig standard to oem partners. But much more needs rt be done.

bloodycape likes this.
  10. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I am just asking to make their Ntrig good enough so that people don't miss Wacom EMR in the first place...>>

...That would be my wish, too. Given the oft-publicized love that the Surface Team has for rapid and repeated prototyping, I'm frankly surprised that the Surface pen still draws criticism from our artistic members. By now, I would have thought that they had worked out all the major kinks (IAF, pressure curve, jaggles... )

And, as usual (or so it seems), our fruitty friends fielded a pretty acceptable pencil on their first try... well, except for that recharging thing. (I wonder how many pencils have been broken off...?!??)

Seriously, you'd think that a few months of focused effort would do the trick...

bloodycape, dstrauss and siddhartth like this.