Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

An option to the contrary....I don't think we'll see it released....as least not on its own. We're already at the 7-8 month mark since the 7th gen NSP was unveiled. While there was an extended period between the Pro 4 and NSP release.....given past precedent....from the Pro 2 to Pro 3 era......a redesigned 8th gen Surface Pro 5 or 6 with just USB-C could feasibly be in the wings of release. Since the new Surface Pro would be all USB-C based.....all new accessories and peripherals would be as well....in which point....I could see Microsoft finally releasing the USB-C Dongle.....but strictly for Legacy users who want to use the new peripherals with old Surface Devices.

Telstar1948 likes this.
  2. kitenski

kitenski Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm wondering about a Surface Pro to replace an HP Elite X2 as I'm only getting about 4 hours light use out of the battery on the Elite (webbrowsing, emails and taking notes in OneNote)

What kind of realistic battery life are people getting on the i5 fanless SP?

Or I hang on for the Snapdragon Envy x2 with 20 hours battery life, or the Intel version @ 17 hours quoted battery life!!

3. spinedoc77

spinedoc77 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You do realize what that means in NJ? Sitting in hours of traffic, dealing with the surly CVS counterperson who has no clue what you need, then you find they are out of stock, more traffic on the way to Walmart, then to Target, finally success!!, more traffic on the way home, getting pulled over because the police dept didn't meet their monthly ticket quota, then back to potholes and ruts, a few highway cut offs, some angry union construction workers who didn't get their double time for working past 5pm, that new ramp that's halfway built since 2007 and squeezes all the traffic into one lane and a few middle fingers and finally get home to find someone parked on your grass. Oh well at least I have a new battery. That seriously can be a multi hour ordeal!!

4. darkmagistric

Spoken like a true born Jersey boy. What exit are you off of?

Steve S likes this.
  5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

...As for me, it used to be 7...

darkmagistric and Bronsky like this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Spiney probably thinks Exit 7 is South Jersey. Sounds like he's above route 1.

7. darkmagistric

That's off the Turnpike.....technically its Central Jersey, but given the mileage distance/gap from Exit 9 to 7 (compared to the other exits).......Most northern and even most central jerseyians would consider it south jersey because its the top of the southern portion of the turnpike.

I'm more of a parkway *****. I'm fly off 135.

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Sooo....., we have a whole gang of Jersey boys hanging around our little corner. Do I need to call in reinforcements? #WomenMarch

nnthemperor and bloodycape like this.
  9. Steve S

Hey; I got your "reinforcements" right here! #YouGottaProblemWithThat

Bronsky and Kumabjorn like this.
  10. Steve S

<<...As for me, it used to be 7...>>

...Sorry; senior moment. It was 3, not 7

Bronsky likes this.