Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

WillAdams likes this.
  2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

3. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

4. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

We now have 4 new SPs without issues (Other than the usual bleeding screens that can be ignored by using them instead of finding the fault. Heck we're used to 1366x768 Elitebook screens).

dstrauss and DRTigerlilly like this.
  5. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I've now had two cases in 24 hours where I got a blue screen of death on my xSP. The stop code is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The first time it happened, the machine froze for about 30 seconds for it popped the blue screen. The second time it didn't freeze first. I am running Fall Creators Update for several weeks now. Since the update, I have had some intermittent wonkiness with both the Surface Arc Mouse and Surface Pen from time to time. Right after a reboot, the mouse misbehaves for about a minute. With the pen, its more intermittent. Since this latest problem didn't start with the update, I'm not sure if its related or not.

Anyone else have an BSOD issues?

6. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

FWIW, on my oSP (old Surface Pro, model 4..) I've seen Hardware error listed in the reliability history. Diagnostics data from before the FCU seems to have been deleted, so I can't tell if things got worse. I've had seven 'unexpected shutdown' / 'hardware error' events since FCU install on Oct 17, so about two per week. Not great, but I think I only actually saw one crash, meaning it looks like these happen while trying to sleep the system or while trying to shut down the system.

7. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Mine happened while I was actively using it. The first time I was in the middle of a Webex video conference, and the second I was I think using Outlook or something. Both cases I was docked to the Surface Dock.