Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. wataru

wataru Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn't even dare to use it in portrait mode. So hideous and so distracting. Maybe that's why MS advertises it as laptop instead of tablet.

gobmonster and Omazic.iv like this.
  2. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

3. Arachas

Arachas Pen Pal - Newbie

I honestly do not recall if the first one had the same problem. But now that it's been pointed out, I am adamant on getting a flawless unit - the price warrants it, after all.

And I did notice the lightbleeding straight out of the box on the first blue login screen I came across. It's pretty noticable and I'm sure it would continue to bug the heck out of me, especially in portrait mode (I actually do use that mode when I hook it up to my monitor).

I went into the store today and traded it in. Opened the new unit with the guy behind the counter - guess what? Another lightbleeder! He fully agreed with me it wasn't acceptable (so it's not just me being critical) and he assured me he'd never sell it to another customer like that.

Sadly, that was the last unit they had in store, so I have to wait until tomorrow until they ship from one another magazine to my house.

Really, Microsoft? THREE faulty units?

wataru and WillAdams like this.
  4. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

Something is definitely amuck with their display manufacturing. The one saving grace is that this isn't a degenerative issue. Its either good or bad and will stay that way. And absent that issue, the display to me is magnificent. That is usually the first comment I get from folks when they see me using the nSP is about the display being so bright and crystal clear.

5. Arachas

Arachas Pen Pal - Newbie

Right. And since the display is the most important part of the device, it's gotta be good. I'm sitting here behind my Iiyama 22" monitor with not a shred of lightbleed in sight. It's possible.

6. Perry8912

Perry8912 Pen Pal - Newbie

The intel 8th gen CPU is here, 4c/8t.

Should we wait or buy surface pro now???

7. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie

If you will wait each time for latest and greatest you will never have any device, that is for sure, and I do not think that Microsoft will so fast (like others=dell xps, etc) release refreshed devices.

It is amazing how Intel is after AMD comeback capable to release 3 generations (ok 2.5) in only 1 year! With every single move made by Intel it is clear that all that things was done, but they did not want to release any as there was no competition, and now they are just pulling everything out like magician pulling rabbit from his hat.
    For end users nothing is better then good competition :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  8. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm thinking that the next Surface Book will be a quad. Very tempting.

Omazic.iv likes this.
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That would be an interesting upgrade.

Omazic.iv likes this.
  10. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie

Or lets say it will be "REAL" upgrade, and maybe thats actually device that will be significant upgrade (SP5), you remember what Panos Panay was talking about...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk