Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...If I try to start some of the UWP programs, they don't start up...>>

...It's not just you, and it's not just the nSP. However, in my case it's only the Store. News and other apps work OK. The behavior is exactly as you describe; upon initial attempt, a solid color splash screen with the balls. It will simply hang there for however long you let it. Close and reopen (sometimes it takes two pokes) and the app starts up.

However, I have observed the same behavior on my nSP, my Z Canvas and, IIRC, my S3. Interestingly, my SP4 seems trouble-free. And, by the way, it doesn't manifest every time; just a majority of the times...

2. Demusss

Demusss Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered an i7/512GB/16GB from the Microsoft UK store last week. It had light bleed all across the bottom edge plus the hello camera stopped working. Sent it back. It was from lot 1723.
    Ordered another one and expecting it today.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

3. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

My i5/8G/256G's hello camera worked terribly for the first couple of weeks. I retrained it a half dozen times and it just almost never recognized me. Then magically after a couple of weeks it started consistently working and now almost always works. I can't remember when it last missed... been at least a month. Not sure what happened there, but I wrote it off to a firmware update, but that is a total guess.

Light bleeding though seems to be something that doesn't change if you have it. Thankfully mine doesn't.

4. Demusss

Demusss Pen Pal - Newbie

The issue with the camera was it kept saying "camera is unavailable" and had to use the pin. New nSP arrived also lot 1723. I've turned it on at work for a few mins and this one looks alot better. I'll check it out properly later tonight.

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

surfaceproartist likes this.
  6. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

There is someone in the SP4 thread experiencing the same issue and referenced a Reddit thread on it. Seems like a driver issue disabling it in Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. dbrn

dbrn Scribbler - Standard Member

That was me, and to be clear that's a problem that started only yesterday (July 31) after an SP4 driver update. Not to say the problems can't be related, but the SP4 issue it not a month old.

8. Demusss

Demusss Pen Pal - Newbie

Well this 2nd one looks like a keeper. Its from the same lot as the first which definitely had light bleed and the dark band in onenote.
    If I use my mobile to take a picture the edges are slightly lighter than the middle but its not noticeable by eye and there is no dark band in onenote.
    Windows Hello is working at the moment :)

9. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

10. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie