Surface Pro (2017) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by spinedoc77, May 21, 2017.

1. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<..."99% of the space [used] inside the device."...>>

...Couldn't judge that but again, I think you're going to be impressed by the subjective feeling of its light weight. I certainly was...

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

I cited that directly from the Panay's official blog post.

Link:
    https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2...pro/#.WSQuFgxLgLM.twitter#3j8P89zEdUlviSS8.97

I will see if I can do a battery report to figure out the battery size. I will be heading over tomorrow morning.

3. Omazic.iv

Omazic.iv Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow... I can not believe this!
    So get rid of numbers in naming = like Apple, get rid of (to be honest) essential parts of full user experience (pen, keyboard, except Apple never have it included, so they are even better in this aspect) = like Apple, price range = like Apple (except Apple after some generations of device, get rid of lowest storage/memory, and put middle one for same price in new device), stubbornness with f...ing ports = like Apple (except Apple push you to latest and greatest, and Microsoft stay with stupid old ports)...

Lady's and gentlemen we proudly present to you new company called Microapplesoft... next generation of our devices will not only be thiner and lighter, but even their boxes will be as well, because guess what, next year with your new device we will not even provide charger, but you can always buy it separately for 99$!
    Over and out ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  4. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

At least on the fanless version, the battery is significantly bigger than before, we don't know yet it's actual capacity though. Some of you hands-on folks need to pry off the screen! :D

That fanless internal pic also looks like there is no m.2 slot, maybe the switched to BGA SSDs?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

I will run a battery report tomorrow at the Microsoft Store so we can have this mystery solved! :D

[​IMG]

kvoram likes this.
  6. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The SSD is mounted to the motherboard in a BGA mount. It was mentioned during the presentation.

sonichedgehog360 and kvoram like this.
  7. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

eMMC perhaps? :rolleyes:

8. bierot

bierot Pen Pal - Newbie

May the recently announced Wacom Bamboo Ink Smart Stylus announced at BestBuy.com be a cheaper alternative to the new Microsoft stylus?

9. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

No doubt. That may be the deal struck with Wacom. Unbundling the pen opens up a new opportunity for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

You know ... it's funny. With WOA on the horizon and the fact that I am quite happy with my current set up, I was kinda happy that the Pro 4s was not supposto be that much of an improvement to be tempting to me. But the fanless I5, the lighter weight, 13 hour battery life and pen improvements have me curious. Damn them.