surface pro 2 v dell venue/xps long-term baterry life

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by sambalgado, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sambalgado

sambalgado Pen Pal - Newbie

I am considering getting the surface pro 2 (256g version). I use a desktop at work, but I plan to also use the surface on a daily basis for taking into meetings for notes (mainly typing , but the digitzer might be handy sometimes), and docking it at home as a computer in the evenings.
    My main concern, and the reason I am hesitating before purchasing, is if daily use of this type might quickly degrade the battery. I don't want to find within less than a year that the battery no longer lasts, and that I'm stuck with a need for an expensive replacement. I'm wondering whether I'd be better off going for a dell venue pro 11 which has a replacabale battery (or the xps 11). I must say that I prefer the specs of the surface pro 2, but don't want to end up needing to replace it in a year because of battery life.
    Am I right to be worried?

2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Wouldn't Microsoft have a policy for battery replacement and warranty that it wouldn't need replacing in less than a year?? Check into it, cause it would cost a lot to buy another battery too.

3. DragonGamer

DragonGamer Pen Pal - Newbie

Think you don't have to fear that much because iFixit found out that the Surface Pro 2 has a quite high quality battery inside! That means similar specs to an iPad for example which is said not to degrade more than 30% withing 3 years...
    From start next year you will also be able to add about 50% more battery time to the Surface Pro 2 with the "Power Cover".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.