Surface pro 2 or 3 for artists?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by ToddingtonToons, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

Damn straight, so when you get to Melbourne, Australia you and I are going to go on a sketch trip around the city, several bars and then to those life drawing classes I was telling you about... And then, if you're luck, more bars... Oh and food...

I probably should get on Facebook again, but it's been pretty nice not having it the past few months.
    If I'm not on FB when plans are finalised just PM here.

stoneseeker and thatcomicsguy like this.
  2. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Please post pics/stories, its always fun to see faces behind the text.
    Mark and I had some hangouts with the convertible beasts in Wolfville NS once: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/meeting-of-the-niponese-tpcs-fujitsu-sony-and-toshiba.59013/

3. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That sounds like an awesome plan. I am so looking forward to this trip. Late January/Feb can't come soon enough. I have it all down pat almost, leaving NJ on the 27th, arrive Sydney on the 29th, and then Melbourne bound Feb 1st, then off to Brisbane on Feb 5th. Now just to figure which tablets to bring, most likely I'll bring my Surface Pro 3, Thinkpad Tablet 10, and the Asus vivonote 8. :)

4. T-ravisty

T-ravisty Scribbler - Standard Member

Will do for sure.
    Yes, I remember that thread... I agree it's awesome seeing what you guys look like.
    Even cooler that even though we're all over the globe we at times meet up in person!
    Hell, the only reason I knew Darkmegistric on Facebook was via the Conceptart.org Facebook page - Someone was talking about TPC's and I called him out because I knew how it talked on the forums. Ha.
    I should become a detective.

Sweet.
    Looking forward to it.
    Defs bring the SP3, I'd love to try that out.
    I have my x230t, Portege M200 and Galaxy Note 10.1 (2012 version I think)... And my DTU-2231 at home.

I'll make sure I get a few days off work so we can get up to mischief.
    A shame you're not in Melbourne on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night... But a Tuesday/Wednesday night is not bad too, life drawing class (I'd say the sketch group I setup too, but well... I disbanded that, got a bit too pretentious)... a few restaurants in Chinatown are generally open 'til 2AM-ish and a few bars here and there, we'll make it up as we go along - Always the best way.

Anyway, keep in touch, man. :)

(Sorry for the thread hijack, what do we think of making a dedicated thread for such a thing, y'know, the whole meeting up IRL?)

ron2k_1 likes this.
  5. alicepattinson

alicepattinson Scribbler - Standard Member

SP3 got it thou. SP2 is good but lacks something that i am looking for.

6. kruzilla

kruzilla Scribbler - Standard Member

7. ToddingtonToons

ToddingtonToons Pen Pal - Newbie

No worries about the hijack guys. Cheers again for all the help everyone. I am now travelling with the sp2 however the charger pins broke after 1 week so currently trying to post a charger to sri lanka where the surface is not on the market. It seems great for me and in the one week I already started drawing cartoons of new friends along the way. I still have the trusty pen and paper so I can live without it for now.
    To you australians, if you fancy meeting up with a few travellers in a year or so let me know! Obviously I understand if its weird/too soon and shan't be offended. ;)

stoneseeker likes this.
  8. ToddingtonToons

ToddingtonToons Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh and kruzilla, thanks for the info. The sp3 pen was too infuriating for me when I tried it.Perhaps If the pressure curve editor comes along and my sp2 innevitably dies from all the misuse and mud while travelling I'll upgrade! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.