Surface Pro 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abe

abe Pen Pal - Newbie

Windows 10 update (KB3176495) from Anniversary Update (Version 1607) made my SP2 "plugin, not charge". I tried to uninstalled and installed it twice. Confirmed that this update did this to my SP2.
    Is there anyone else have had this kind of problem?

2. KLF

KLF Scribbler - Standard Member

What's your battery % at the moment? If it's somewhere between 95% and 99% there might not be anything wrong.

Plugged in but not charging may also mean that the computer is running on wall power instead of battery. Battery life improves as it gets less charging cycles that way. Charging is stopped when battery reaches 100%, then it goes gradually down to 95% for example, until it is charged again to 100%. Instead of banging it between 100% and 99,9% constantly.

If your battery level is something like 50% and it still says no charging, then you have a problem.

My SP2 has not updated yet to the latest version but if that happens to me too, I'll let you know :)

3. abe

abe Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the response. My battery level is around 70% when I updated. Is there any way to control win10 update, so we can choose what and when to get update like W8?

4. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    My issue is that with only one USB port and I want to plug the Logitech Mouse pairing receiving in which works but then when I want to use the Brother MFC-J6920DW printer have to remove the Logitech device and plug in the printer and then when printing has finished unplug it and then reinsert the Logitech receiver (for the want of a better word)
    Have had a Digitus 4 way hub that worked for a while only but now told by Brother not to use the USB hub
    Please help

5. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...but...when I want to use the Brother MFC-J6920DW printer have to remove the Logitech device and plug in the printer...>>

...Are you using a wireless router? If so, your printer has a WiFi option you can set up:

"Built-in Wireless & Wired Interfaces. Easy to setup wireless (802.11 b/g/n) or wired Ethernet networking."

See:

https://www.brother-usa.com/MFC/ModelDetail/4/MFCJ6920DW/Overview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.