Surface Pro 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jl199954

jl199954 Scribbler - Standard Member

I believe my Type Cover 2 is a culprit and they have/ are having production issues- even consistent ones. My cover does not put the device to sleep. The keypad back light also comes on regardless on the device even being on. I just returned one and similar problems with this second. Touch pad is unresponsive sometimes. On this second one shift+ some letters (P,G) registers no keystroke while the non - shifted character is fine.

When not using the Type cover- this new machine has been stellar. Both Type Cover 2 from Staples (only place that still had black.) From what they said we're fresh shipments.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    GoodBytes likes this.
  2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes Scribbler - Standard Member

Intresting conclusion. It might explain why they are always sold out of the Type Cover 2. The first Type Core 2 did have some problems, but the second one I got, looks like to have no issues (but then again I did have my Surface Pro 2 replaced at the same time (well returned and re-order), so I didn't put the two together.

3. minnus

minnus Pen Pal - Newbie

dstrauss, czm2000 and GoodBytes like this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Awesome Deal - thanks so much. Order has been placed!

Be sure to keep reloading the page for a while like minus said - took a bunch of tries then black box with $40 off appears - and you get 20 minutes to make the order, so be ready with second coupon code and checkout.

I also need to clarify my "repair" post from yesterday. Microsoft is technically not repairing my non-sleeping SPro 2, they are cross-shipping a return and reorder on a new unit.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Pretty good deal, to the point where I'm almost trying to justify needing one at work too. ;)

6. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

LOL! I'm going through the same thing. I really didn't need one until the price was so great? Now, do I realty need one?!?! LOL!

Sent from my GS4

7. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Two docks arrived, from the U.S., yesterday and I've installed one for the MD. It's a REALLY nice slice of kit but, of course. I haven't changed just yet as I'm using a USB 3 hub with a USB 3 gigabit nic and the other usual cables.

8. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Well in my case, I already have the one at my home desk, so yeah.... :D

I have to agree. I've said this before but I was shocked at how well the design worked. I still wish it was a single port connection especially since it's difficult to remove one-handed and near impossible to connect one-handed (as opposed to when I had the Series 7 Slate that I would just drop into the dock), but it's still far better than I expected when it was first announced.

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

My immediate reaction as well, but a 35% discount was just too good to resist.

10. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I agree. That's exactly what I'm torn over. Great deal over do I really need it.

If I hadn't recently pre-ordered a Smarty Ring I probably wouldn't be hesitating so much. But I have to ask myself, how many things that I don't really need do I really need ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.