Surface Pro 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nippero

Nippero Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmm I coulda sworn I saw that option before... Sorry :\ maybe I was mistaken.

2. cstablet

cstablet Pen Pal - Newbie

What a sucker at my local Microsoft store. Brought in the tablet and this guy insists that it's software issue and wanted to do another reset and install all the updates. He said it'd take them 4-5 days to analyze and see if I could get a replacement. Like I have not spent way too much wasted time at home on my own.

So I said no thanks and brought the tablet home and requested an advanced replacement online. I guess I can only proceed after I come back from the thanksgiving break :(

3. Spartanjet

Spartanjet Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick question for surface 2 pro users who game a bit. I just got mine (256/8) and I was trying to run Civ 5 in a lower resolution because I had trouble seeing text at the default 1920x1080 and I think the icons were just a touch too small. When I select a lower resolution instead of stretching to fill the screen it will just use the native resolution and display the game centered with black borders. I see no options for scaling or stretch to fit like there are with normal Intel HD graphics drivers.

I also installed the Intel HD graphics drivers which brings back the option for stretch to fit at lower resolutions but it seems I have to lower the desktop resolution (below 1920x1080) and select stretch to fit THEN launch the game for it to work. It doesn't seem to remember I want stretch to fit on as default.

Any Civ 5 fans out there have any suggestions or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

4. RobWu

RobWu Scribbler - Standard Member

Try playing with the desktop scaling, it's one of the reasons the icons look so small.
    If that doesn't really help you, using different resolutions is probably the only way to go.

5. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

My battery was for some reason reporting that it was at 0% earlier today, despite having been on the charger overnight. Just in case anyone has the same issue, it was fixed by shutting down, holding the volume up button for ~20 seconds (not actually sure on what the cutoff is, just going by what I saw elsewhere on the internet), continuing to hold the volume up button and pressing and holding power to keep both depressed for another ~20 seconds, and then letting go. At one point, the UEFI settings screen popped up, and then it quickly disconnects the battery circuit and the screen goes black. When I powered the device back on, the battery was again reading correctly.

6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

Surface tablets seem to be everywhere on TV in the last few weeks.

<> Two weeks ago, on Fox's NFL morning show, the entire panel had Surface tablets set up in front of them. It looked a bit like a stunt, because no one used them or even looked at them. This past weekend, they were gone.
    <> One of the characters on Monday's (25Nov) The Blacklist was using a Surface, and...
    <> One of the characters on last night's Agents of SHIELD (fill in the periods yourselves) was also using a Surface.

Microsoft seems to be doing an unusually good job of creating a low-key Surface presence on TV. The examples above are only a few of the shows that I've noticed with Surface cameo's...

Mesosphere likes this.
  8. Nippero

Nippero Pen Pal - Newbie

Agreed, its a good thing too :D

I've also seen the surface in the show Arrow on CWTV ( CW11 if youre in NYC)
    I believe it showed up on White Collar a few times too.

9. eelpout

eelpout Pen Pal - Newbie

and people wonder where those huge marketing budgets go. :)

They actually use both types of Surfaces all the time on "Grey's Anatomy" this season.

10. DragonGamer

DragonGamer Pen Pal - Newbie

In the Series "The Dome" they showed the old Surface RT too. Even how someone opened and used the kickstand xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.