Surface Pro 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osiris

Osiris Scribbler - Standard Member

Even more happy I went with the SP2, dell venue 11 stylus is a cheap joke and fujitsu priced themselves out of the consumer market with the Q584.

2. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks nippero...will keep an eye on staples.

3. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

That may be possible as it would be tied to the Serial.

4. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Complete is transferable to the new owner, I purchased it last week and made sure in the fine print. Entered my serial and it is linked to the device. There's a $49 deductible to replace if damaged and is eligible for replacement twice if needed. Was a no brainer for me with the accidental damage for two years and no hassle warranty for as long as I foresee having the device.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    czm2000 likes this.
  5. hitman

hitman Scribbler - Standard Member

In the UK, Microsoft Complete for the Surface is £250 or approximately $392!!

6. beq

beq Pen Pal - Newbie

FYI my local Microsoft Store (USA) called the $149 policy the "consumer" extended warranty.

They also offered two "business" warranties, both for 3 yrs (instead of 2). First one is a $299 policy that also covers up to 2 incidents of accidental damage, but without any deductible (instead of $49 each incident).

In comparison if you end up using up both incidents, you'd pay almost $250 with the "consumer" warranty (which again only covers 2 yrs).

P.S. The other "business" warranty is cheaper but doesn't cover accidental damage handling, so I wasn't even interested...

7. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Awesome. That's great news. That does make it a no brainer. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my GS4

8. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Does Squaretrade offer a policy for Surface Pro 2? I just finished a repair through them with my huge ASUS G75 laptop and there was no deductible...nothing. They were terrific. I am sold on using them wherever I can.

9. fella1

fella1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just went by the Microsoft store and added the extended warranty to my surface pro 2 and got a nice surprise. Apparently the type cover 2 price has been reduced so I was able to get the warranty for $108 dollars after they refunded the type cover 2 cost change and applied the bundle price that they are running in store.

10. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

FYI, I know I had an issue with only being able to send 720p via Miracast to a PTV3000, but a firmware update released last week appears to have fixed that for me. It works at 1080p right away now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.