Surface Pro 2 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by JoeS, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonGamer

DragonGamer Pen Pal - Newbie

That only depends what you use it for.
    If you are doing video editing and such hard stuff, then it will drain probably even quicker than 5.5 hours. If you do only typing and word processing you can get over 7-8 hours... Without WiFi even longer.
    It also depends a lot on the screen brightness. The tablet has a quite bright screen so 40-50% usually suffice.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  2. Nippero

Nippero Pen Pal - Newbie

There are two threads in this forum section that have detailed tests for high stress and low stress battery usage. I'd link you but I'm replying from my phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

3. michaelws

michaelws Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

funny that I see pages 168 and 169 on this thread...but I am unable to get to them...it always opens back to page 167 with the last thread numbered 1662. Has anyone else had this problem?

4. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

Same here, I have a feeling there is nothing on those pages, this is probably the real "Last".

Anyone else going to spring for "Complete"?, since my SP2 is almost always going to be with me I am going to go for an insurance policy.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  5. michaelws

what is "complete"? I just had squaretrade fix my ASUS G75 laptop.

6. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Alot of us just got an email from MS about covering our new SP2 with a 2yr warranty with complete coverage (protection for drops and spills and accidental things like that. Its $149 for 2yrs.

I think I'll do it as long as the warranty is transferable. If I its not, I'll have to think about it a bit longer.

Sent from my GS4

7. Dayton

Dayton Scribbler - Standard Member

I doubt it. I bet it is just for the one device, like the XBOX.

8. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I would expect that. I didn't mean transferrable from one device to another. I meant transferable to another owner should I decide to sell it.

Sent from my GS4

9. michaelws

k..thanks. I am still trying to get a 256gb model...looks like Dec.15th for me.

10. Nippero

Nippero Pen Pal - Newbie

Keep an eye on Staples. They had the 256GB in stock last night for about half an hour, and I caught it again a few hours ago. Out of stock again though.

And for the record, Staples also price matches the educational discount. If they say no, ask why. They'll probably give you the same reason I got when I first asked: the competing retailer must have both an ONLINE and PHYSICAL outlet.
    Their customer service reps seem unaware of the fact that Microsoft has retail stores. So I gave them a few links, and they said ok :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.